mctrexler
I've been testing all the different ways to add information to thoughts in TB9 for easy iphone access. 

1. Attaching an image to the notes field works well, especially since it seems to download automatically unlike an "attachment," but the Notes field icon isn't "darkened" on the iphone so you have you idea there's an image there.  Why is that?   

2. There's obviously very limited screen space, so you have to tap on the thought to see the full thought in most cases.  But in almost every case a totally unhelpful pop-up comes up as well (the color, type, tag popup), and you have to tap the screen to get rid of it to see the thought underneath. How can you read the full thought without the other pop-up interfering - it's an irrelevant pop-up for almost all purposes.

It would be great if the full text of a thought would display by default when the thought is first activated. Right now you tap on the thought to activate (center) it, tap on it again to get the full text hidden by the irrelevant popup, and tap on it AGAIN to get rid of the irrelevant pop-up. That's a lot of taps!

Any other important things people have discovered about designing a TB9 brain for third-party iOS access?

Thanks,

Mark
mcaton
Thank you Mark,

This is all very helpful.  I've confirmed that the Note indicator in iOS is not 'on' when an image is the only content.  Also, I see what you mean about the tapping in order to see a full/long Thought name.  The pop up box is necessary and useful, depending on your current needs.  This pop up box allows you to edit a Thought name and modify several different properties.  Maybe a single tap can display the full thought and a double tap can open the Thought Display Properties?  I'll document these discoveries for further review by the engineers.

Thank you!
Matt
mctrexler
Thanks Matt.  I take it you agree that it "should" show you there is content in the notes field?   

Yes, I'm thinking of the 3rd party user of a Brain on their iphone - to whom that popup is truly a distraction/bad thing. I have trouble imagining people really modifying a Brain on an iphone (or ipad), but to each her own!  

Could the Brain be smart enough to differentiate between owner-users and 3rd party users in terms of whether to show the pop-up or not? 

Thanks,

Mark 
mcaton
Yes, I agree that if there is content (image or text) the indicator should be highlighted.

The pop up vs. full thought name is debatable.  Depends on your current focus of creating, editing or navigating.  Not sure if the feature defaults can be modified depending on access level, I'll leave that decision to the design team and engineers.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
To show a full thought name without opening properties, press on it and hold until the circle menu displays. Release without selecting from the menu. This works for all thoughts, not just the active thought.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software