zenrain
The Brain toolbar at the top works well when accessing the site from a normal browser. However, with the limited screen size of the iPhone, it takes away from the real estate.

Also, the search field is misleading on the iPhone.
For it to work, you have to click the field to focus on that and bring up the keyboard. Then start typing, and don't hit Done or Search. It has to remain in the keyboard focus for the search to list an instant return.
This is counterintuitive to iPhone users, who would usually hit search.
Perhaps it can bring in the search results similar to an extended search?

Anyway, I realize it's an early beta, and it's already better than the sitebrain export.

Oh, also, you may want to create an iPhone instruction page on how to add a Brain site to your home page (click the + button in Safari and choose Add to Home Screen). You could also include some fancy PB buttons on the page (hint hint )

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Hi Zenrain,

Yes, full search is "coming soon" (for both iPhone and normal brower users)

The toolbar scrolls off of the page if there are notes available to view or if you go into landscape mode, so actually it need not take up any space at all.

For those of you without an iPhone, a screenshot is attached. BTW, Android compatibility is also on the way.
Click image for larger version - Name: photo.jpg, Views: 650, Size: 45.45 KB
Regards,
-Harlan
jostber
Android compatibility will be great!

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

zenrain
Thanks for your reply Harlan. Several more things I've noticed / questions.

• Currently there is no toolbar for home, or for the different views. Will this be included in the iPhone / Android version also? (I ask if the webbrain bar can be removed, then ask for the home / view bar... see how I am? )
  • Weblink names in the notes/attachment section appears to be light yellow, which is very hard to see against the white background.
  • It would be nice to click on the icon of a thought that is not the active thought, and if there is only one website attached it would open it without needing to activate that thought. However, I'm saying this and also thinking that it could lead to people opening sites or attachments when they don't mean to, so take with a grain of salt. It would reduce loading time however.
  • Link lines do not currently draw. Is this planned?

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Zenrain,

Yes, the home, and back/forward buttons may be added, but they are not high priority items. At this time, there is no plan implement alternative views for the mobile versions due to processing and screen real estate restrictions, but this could change in the future.

The coloring of links is a bug that will be fixed soon.

Icon clicking was not implemented by choice since this could be confusing and we want to start of with a simple UI for the mobile version since it can't show "mouseover" feedback.

Link lines are planned, but it remains to be seem whether this will be possible on all mobile platforms (iPhone and Android will definitely support this other platforms TBD, especially for this feature).

Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software