jbaty
On a larger monitor I tend to want the tool windows along the right side, split equally between Notes and Thought tabs (with the remaining tabs in the same area as the Thought tab).

When on my small (11" MacBook Air) laptop I prefer a thin slice of tools windows along the bottom. I would love an easier way to switch between these layouts. There still doesn't appear to any sort of "saved layout" feature so the fastest I can do it now is to:

1. Choose Options->Advanced Tools Layout
2. Drag the Notes window from top right to bottom left (or vice versa)
3. Drag the Thought (and friends) window from right to bottom (or vice versa)
4. Choose Options->Advanced Tools Layout again to cancel Advanced Layout

While certainly not a hardship, it would be nice to find something faster, since I do it pretty regularly. (Something without require Keyboard Maestro or similar, preferably). I see there are a couple UserVoice requests about saving layouts, which would be ideal [smile].

Thanks
zenrain
I'm not aware of any way to do this other than manually, but yes, the ability to save the tools layout would definitely be useful.

+1

macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.192
metta
Agreed! +1 for saving multiple tools layouts
pthompson
The tools layout should save when you close TheBrain and re-open it. I use an adjusted Tools Layout that is loaded every time I start up TheBrain every day. A change to the way this works will likely not happen since "tools" are completely different in TheBrain 9.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
metta
Patrick, I think this is a request for quickly switching the tools layout, rather than preserving the existing layout which, as you pointed out, is a feature already built into TheBrain.
pthompson
Thanks for the clarification. As I mentioned, this is something we will not be adding to TheBrain 8 and tools are not working the same in TheBrain 9.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software