LeslieInNC
I'm looking for a way to filter my thoughts for selection so I can export different parts of my brain for different purposes.  However, I don't want my brain's viewers to see the means I use for filtering our specific thoughts.

Using private vs. not private is too limiting as I'll need more than 2 values (private or not) for filtering

I know we can't hide tags and that types show up in a webbrain when you cursor over the thought.  

Is there anyway to prevent the type from showing in the plex when you cursor over a thought in a webbrain?  Is there any other way to categorize thoughts that won't show up in a webbrain?

Thanks!
pthompson
Leslie,

There is currently no way to do this online. We are working on adding more features, however.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
kbunders
Any updates on this?

I need to be able to filter for specific types in webbrain.
TheBrain 8.0.2.0a Pro Edition | Java 1.8.0 build 111 | Windows 10
Beta testing TheBrain 9
mcaton
Thanks for checking in.  I believe your best option would be to copy the selected thoughts you wish to share and paste them into a second Brain with different settings/access for your viewers.

This can be done rather quickly in a few different ways.  I would recommend creating a tag or series of tags (Group A, Group B, Group C, etc.)  It's fine if some thoughts fall into both Group A and B or any other combination.

Next, run a Report to see all Group A thoughts.

Click on Edit > Add Report Results to Selection.

Now, you can copy all Thoughts in your selection box and paste them into a new Brain.  This Brain can be synced and shared with a very specific set of users.

This process uses some of the more advanced features of the application. I'm happy to walk you through this process in a web meeting if you'd like.  Just contact support@thebrain.com and we'll put something on the schedule.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software