Dryopithecus
Hi, all,

(Sorry for my poor English)

Few minutes ago, I found that the images I pasted to Note are stored in a temporary folder: "file:///C:/Users/My User Name/AppData/Local/Temp/ "

But I remember that in the past images were stored in a folder named "PersonalBrain Notes" in the thought folders.

Is this a bug?

Regards,
Dryopithecus

tcahill
Yes, I noticed the same thing a few hours ago. You can manually edit the html link, by selecting in Notes view-->HTML view, then replace the link info with the proper path (leaving the file:// beginning) to the the image on your hard disk.

Perhaps there could be a better way to manage hyperlinks. It would be nice if the Insert Hyperlink had a browse capability.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Dryopithecus
tcahill wrote: Yes, I noticed the same thing a few hours ago. You can manually edit the html link, by selecting in Notes view-->HTML view, then replace the link info with the proper path (leaving the file:// beginning) to the the image on your hard disk.

Hi, tcahill,

Nice to see you again. Thanks for the help.

But unfortunately, most of my images are copied from Internet and I don't have a backup of the images on my harddisk. And I don't know how to find all the Notes that contains images stored in the temporary folder.

Regards,
Dryopithecus
tcahill
I think it would be useful here to have an option (for each PB file) where to store temporary files. These are not really temporary files at all, and so should by default reside in a more permanent location.

So, you still have the images, stored in the temporary folder, and you should still have the related notes. You might try something we've been discussing in a different post:

Create a virtual folder that contains your brain plex. Then navigate through the "Files" subfolder, and look in the numbered folders there for .... hmm, I'm not sure if the link info will be there or not.
Dryopithecus
tcahill wrote: I think it would be useful here to have an option (for each PB file) where to store temporary files. These are not really temporary files at all, and so should by default reside in a more permanent location.

So, you still have the images, stored in the temporary folder, and you should still have the related notes. You might try something we've been discussing in a different post:

Create a virtual folder that contains your brain plex. Then navigate through the "Files" subfolder, and look in the numbered folders there for .... hmm, I'm not sure if the link info will be there or not.

Hi, tcahill,

Thanks for the help again!

I have uninstalled 4.0.6.7, and reinstalled 4.0.6.2. To my surprise, everything is back to normal again!

I guess when an image is pasted in a Note, PB4 will store the image to a temporary folder, and insert a link of that temp image into the Note. Then, when I active another thought or press Ctrl+S, PB4 will copy (save) the image from the temp folder to the "PersonalBrain Notes" folder, and change the link to that image.

But for some reason, seems PB 4.0.6.7 won't save images properly.

Regards,
Dryopithecus
Dryopithecus
With the help of Reports tab, I have scanned and corrected all the Notes that were activated recent days.

I found that most of the images that were not saved properly were pasted when I was using 4.0.6.2 last time.
Harlan
Thanks for noticing this problem. We have fixed this for the next release, version 4070.

4070 will move images from the temp folder back into the PersonalBrain Notes folder for the appropriate thought and adjust the relevant links within the HTML whenever a thought is activated or highlighted.

Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
Harlan wrote: Thanks for noticing this problem. We have fixed this for the next release, version 4070. 4070 will move images from the temp folder back into the PersonalBrain Notes folder for the appropriate thought and adjust the relevant links within the HTML whenever a thought is activated or highlighted.

I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to a similar thread over in the uses forum, where we are trying to identify the substitute processes for the now obsolete OLE technology.
Dryopithecus
Harlan wrote: Thanks for noticing this problem. We have fixed this for the next release, version 4070.

4070 will move images from the temp folder back into the PersonalBrain Notes folder for the appropriate thought and adjust the relevant links within the HTML whenever a thought is activated or highlighted.

Hi, Harlan,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Dryopithecus

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software