Good afternoon everyone,
First of all congratulations to the development team for a great product! I've just tried webbrain.com today and some good improvements seem to have been implemented.
I've been so impressed that I'm thinking of using a webbrain as the navigation tool for my new website. It seems to be perfect - especially as a work-around for the limitations of traditional section/category based navigation (I'm building my site on Joomla).
Before I take the plunge and decide to go down the webbrain route I would like to get some opinion on the following:
- How reliable is webbrain hosting
- does it go down? How often and for how long? Obviously if I base my site's navigation on it I want to know if it's stable. I can see quite a few "web brain down" posts on the forums ( http://forums.thebrain.com/?forum=147137
- Are there any limitations that would affect performance.
I'm hoping to build a relatively high-traffic website (well, that's the dream anyway
and I'm wondering if I'm not going to hit a bottleneck once I start getting 30-40K of visits a month to my site. Is the infrastructure for hosting brains online robust enough? I expect with version 6 more and more people will be uploading their brains online adding even more load to webbrain.com servers...
- Are there any restrictions to monthly traffic (users/bandwidth) for a web brain?
Is it possible that once I get a large number of hits my brain will one day display "This brain is not available as it has exceeded it's monthly bandwidth allocation" or something to this effect?
- Are there any paid options available/planned?
Following on my earlier questions, are there any paid options available that would give some premium support and remove any restrictions there might be on monthly traffic to a particular webbrain.
- In the case of an issue syncing or publishing a brain online what is the general responsiveness of the support team? I've seen on the forums people reporting the site being down and only being replied after a day or two. Obviously, this would be a huge issue if a website's entire navigation is based on a webbrain.
I would really appreciate any comments on the above questions.