PaulaO
I have a brain I want to share with friends. I checked it out first, though.

Once it finally loads, I can flip through the sections until I come across one that has a note. Then nearly the entire page turns white and the plex and notes are taking up the same space.This is with Firefox.

With Opera, when I click on a thought that has a note, it is displayed correctly but then freezes. Kinda. When I hover over things, it highlights, but nothing is clickable.

With Safari, it never finished loading.

This happens with any brain I try to view, not just the one. Is something broken?

Of course, this viewing happened after installing TB 10....
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
I had to install Chrome for another issue with TB and while I had it open, I checked this issue using that.

It views fine. (it also works with the other issue)

So....what the heck? Did Chrome sneak out and flatten the other browsers' tires?
mcaton

I'm happy to compare your findings in these browsers.  To be sure we're looking at the same content, would you mind posing a link to where this online Brain can be seen?  

Thanks,

Matt

PaulaO
They are all doing it but here is the completely public one:
https://bra.in/8jQ4mq

This is what it looks like when I select a thought that has notes.
brainerror.jpg 
metta
I'm seeing exactly the same issue, Paula.

Hadn't realized, though, the problem is limited to thoughts with notes. Will check to see if that is the case here, as well.
metta
@PaulaO

FYI, looks like the Firefox issue may now be resolved! 🙂

...and I'm wondering: how does the web client look now in the other browsers you've been testing?
PaulaO
I'm still seeing the same thing in Firefox.

Behaves as it should using Chrome.

Took forever to load but was correct in Opera.

And gave up waiting for it to load in Safari.

I have emptied the site cache with Firefox. Tried it with no apps on. Blah blah

Still no joy
metta
Very strange. Just now checked Firefox again, and the display is corrupted (again)....

Thank you, PaulaO, for taking time to report on your experience.
PaulaO
So...it shows up perfect on another PC but not mine. Disabled addons. Cleared cache. Glared menacingly.

This is very frustrating.
metta
😾😠 <== PaulaO "glaring menacingly" 😉

Paula wrote: "This is very frustrating" to which I would add "This is also very confusing".

Just now checked the Firefox display on my computer, and TB9/10 display is broken -- again!

Since it has been 2 weeks now since Paula originally reported this issue, could someone from TB team please weigh in on this and....
> shed a little light on what is happening with these display glitches;
> specifically explain how can the display break, correct itself and then break again; and
> let us know if efforts are being made now to find a fix for this problem?
mcaton
I just tested in both Chrome and Firefox - looking good on my Windows 10 machine.  Still, I'm documenting for further review on other machines.

Thanks,

Matt

Reptiles.png 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software