Kriggel23
Just tested, it's still an open issue, especially:

Pasted notes: "new line" is pasted as "new paragraph"
Pasted notes: import of notes stops at "&", e.g. source text "copy & paste" results in target text "copy"

Pasted thoughts: copied 23 thoughts, pasted 21 thoughts
Pasted thoughts: duplicates are not recognized on pasting, e.g. copied 23 thoughts, pasted two times in target brain with "Paste text outline with notes", result: 63 thoughts?! (see issue #1635)

Kriggel23
Harlan
Hello,

I renamed this thread as issue #3250, Error when using Paste Thoughts > Replace, is not what you describe and the release notes never claimed to have closed any of the issues you describe.

Kriggel23 wrote:
1. Pasted notes: "new line" is pasted as "new paragraph"
2. Pasted notes: import of notes stops at "&", e.g. source text "copy & paste" results in target text "copy"
3. Pasted thoughts: copied 23 thoughts, pasted 21 thoughts
4. Pasted thoughts: duplicates are not recognized on pasting, e.g. copied 23 thoughts, pasted two times in target brain with "Paste text outline with notes", result: 63 thoughts?! (see issue #1635)

1. Please explain what you are copying and where from, then how you are pasting it. Then tell us how the result differs from what expect. Are you referring to how plain text is translated into paragraphs (Return) vs line breaks (Shift+Return)?
2. I am able to successfully copy and paste "copy & paste" without any problem. You mention "import" however - what are you referring to here?
3. Please provide example data for this issue.
4. The "Paste text outline" feature does not look for duplicates. That is an outstanding feature request (#3363, not #1635).
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Harlan,

What I did:
  • selected tab with Brain A
  • added 23 thoughts to selection list (cmd-click on child gate of one thought)
  • on context menu on selection list: "Copy as Text Outline with Notes"
  • selected tab with Brain B
  • on contextual menu: "Paste thought"
I'll send you a screenshot, and a sample of notes HTML-files before/after copy & paste.

There seems to be something awful wrong: just opened the test brain again (= "Brain B" in list above); apart from the thought I'll send you the notes all other thoughts (pasted this morning) lost their notes! And: the contextual menu on the selection list just offers in one window "Copy", in the second window "Copy 2 Thoughts", "Copy as Text Outline", and "Copy as Text Outline with Notes".

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

Yes, some screenshots and/or a sample Brain will be great.  I'm doing my best to replicate with a group of thoughts: a, b, c, d, etc. and many of them with notes content including symbols such as ;*&%$#, etc.  All is well so far, but we'll keep at it.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Christian,

Testing further and I'm now seeing some interesting anomalies between copying Thoughts from Brain to Brain using Copy Thoughts vs. Copy Thought Outline with Notes. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Documenting now.

For the process you described above, since you're going from Brain A to Brain B - you may want to just use the "Copy Thought/s" option.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Christian,

Thank you for the files. We're reviewing now!

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software