zenrain
A new entry on my latest duh moment.
/sigh
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
jostber
Thanks, this inspired me to look at the calendar functionality more. [smile] Haven't really used this much, but will check it out more now.

I also find it useful to have specific tags and thought types for thoughts with a time (and task) dimension. Can describe that more in detail if you want.
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

zenrain
Quote: I also find it useful to have specific tags and thought types for thoughts with a time (and task) dimension. Can describe that more in detail if you want. 

Yes, please. I'm always interested in finding new ways to use tags. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
jostber
I do it this way, not the most advanced setup maybe, but it seems useful to me and gives a lot of display possibilities:

To give thoughts a time dimension, I have made month a type, like 10-2013, and with year(2013) as the supertype. For these thoughts I also use a context tag, like @mail. I give it a task tag like action or event(if it's entered into the calendar, like a meeting) and then the tag for the day for it to be completed, like 2013-10-02. I also add a week tag, like W40 to also have this dimension. For a timed event like a meeting I will also give a time tag like 10:00.

A typical set of tags for a meeting will then be: 10:00, 2013-10-02, @A184, event, meeting, W40 with 10-2013 as thought type and 2013 as the supertype.
Tags for an action can be: 2013-10-04, @phone, action, JBA, W40

zenrain
That's a lot of tags/types!

Do you cull them regularly? For example, only have types for the current year?
Also, do you have custom reports that pull different combinations so you can see the context, or the weeks/tasks/meetings, or how do you manage that?
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
jostber
For regular tags I have a short set of contexts, and a short set of task tags. I can also add shortened name tags like JBA.

I use this for work related stuff and set up this system quite recently, so I have not gathered a lot of daily tasks yet, but those are the ones that will be many in a while for all the work days. [smile] Week tags will be 52. For types there will be 12 thought types a year, and 1 super type a year so that's not too many. It is at least very convenient for searching and quickly check actions for a day, week, month and more. WIll use this for some time and check if I will do any adjustments later.

I have not checked out custom reports too much yet, but will look into that as well.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software