gery51
Hello,

Could I use Java web Start (JavaWS) To launch an independent module written in Java from the brain ?
How has it to be implemented ?

Thanks,
Gerard

mcaton
I haven't had the need for this specific application, so I can't provide a direct answer.  I can share with you that if your OS knows how to launch a specific file type, you can set this up as a template in your attachments area.  Here's a video that will show you this process:

https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#File-Templates

TheBrain does not determine how to open a ".xyz" file extension.  It simply sends the message to your OS to launch a particular file in the default application.

Or, if you have a .exe of an application that launches a desired program, you can add this as a shortcut.  Or even copy it into your Brain if it is a stand alone .exe.  For example, I have an area of my Brain for quickly launching apps that I frequent: Camtasia, Photoshop, Word, SQL management apps, etc.

Hope I'm on target with this answer, or at least providing some insight as to what options can be used to make your scenario work.

Thanks,
Matt
gery51
Ok Matt,
I try with launch
Thanks 
Gerard

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software