FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

For every file  or group of files, I put into my brains  a thought.
But a lot of files contains information (chapters, paragraphs, etc.) that links to many different thoughts.
Is it possible (with software) to split files so i can link parts of these files to thoughts?

Regards,

Frans
mlapointe
Hello, Franz,

I haven't tried it, but it seems you should be able to link sections in any document that accepts a hypertext anchor link, such as html, pdf, Word or Excel. Have you tried inserting a hyperlink in the document and then linking to it as you would any other URL?

Michelle

Dani
mlapointe wrote:

I haven't tried it, but it seems you should be able to link sections in any document that accepts a hypertext anchor link, such as html, pdf, Word or Excel. Have you tried inserting a hyperlink in the document and then linking to it as you would any other URL?

Michelle,

I know you said you haven't tried it...but could you expand on this idea a little more? If I were to place a hyperlink for specific cells in a worksheet of an excel file in order to link that to a thought in PB, what would the hyperlink be, if not a URL? (I apologize if this is a silly question...I've only hyperlinked URLs in the past).

Thanks for your input in advance.
--Danielle
Shiiko
Danielle, Michelle & Frans,

I just tried but it didn't work (perhaps I did something wrong but I may have read somewhere that it's currently not possible).   

I created a bookmark within a some text in a .doc that is within a thought folder; then I created a hyperlink from the notes section of PB to the bookmark within the .doc ----
  C:\My Brains\nameof_brain\Files\0C3EEBE4-05CA-58A6-B4D4-6370FCE95CFD\wherethebookmark is.doc#nameofbookmark  

It would be nice to be able to paste highlights from a document within any thought notes area, click on a selected highlight and be taken to its original location.

Has anyone come-up with a solution?  This would be very useful.

Shiiko
Danielle, Michelle & Frans,

FYI, I copied to the notes section a paragraph of text from within a document that is within a thought, then added the name of the document as a title above the text, and then created a hyperlink from the name to the actual document, which now opens the document upon clicking.  The paragraph helps remind me of the document content.  The hyperlink allows me to see the full text. 

This text with the hyperlink can then be pasted into any other thought note area, opening the doc. When the text is copied to another thought it will not open the thought where the original doc resides but at least you can quickly refer back to the original  document.  Hope this helps.
RLPopeIII
Each thought has an address and PB is aware of the addresses (e.g. going to the last viewed thought upon opening and the Bread Crumbs).  It would be nice to get at the addressing scheme. So in a document or excel spreadsheet or what ever you could have a link : <a href="//myBrain.brn#171">Thought Name</a> (used html format for a link as an example).  When clicked the PB window would activate and the thought would come up.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Ren Pope

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software