Fox67
I imported a small folder with some MP3 files in it. When I double click on any MP3 file, Windows Media Player is launched but the file is not played.

I tried with some other filetypes (.BMP .PSD) and everything is correct.

Any idea ?

Pascal

Harlan
When you double click on an MP3 file from the desktop, does it play? If not, then the problem is with the player software. If it does, please let us know and we'll look into it.
Regards,
-Harlan
Fox67
Yes when I double click on an MP3 file from the desktop it plays. I don't have any prob with the Win player outside PB.

Thank you

Pascal

Harlan
What version of Media Player are you using? We'll try and reproduce this issue here.
Regards,
-Harlan
Fox67
I'm using V11.0.6000.6324

Harlan
MP3 files appear to be working fine here... What OS are you on?

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus

Couldn't repeat this error with Windows XP2 myself. MP3+WMPlayer access works fine.

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Fox67
I am running Vista Ultimate.
Sometimes when I use "open" with right click in "properties and attachments" the MP3 is played correctly, sometimes not.

Playing the same MP3 file from the desktop always works.

Pascal

Harlan
Pascal,

It seems this is a registry issue on your machine. I would suggest reassociating the file extension by right-clicking on an MP3 file in the desktop then: open with > choose program > check "always open with this" > select media player.

Regards,
-Harlan
Fox67
The MP3 files are associated to the Media Player : whenrunning from the desktop it always work.

from within the PB, It launch the media player but nothing is played. When I tried 5 times it then plays ths MP3.

I tried with PB 3.0 : it always works so I am sure it is related to PB 4.0

Pascal

Harlan
Harlan wrote: I would suggest reassociating the file extension by right-clicking on an MP3 file in the desktop then: open with > choose program > check "always open with this" > select media player.

Pascal, have you tried the above steps? PB4 asks Windows to launch files - it does not do so itself. Please try the above and let us know if it still does not behave as expected since we cannot replicate this problem in our testing lab. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Fox67
Yes harlan, I tried what you suggested but without success.

Pascal
Harlan
Pascal, please try the following and let me know what happens:

Go to the command line (Start > Run > "cmd") and type:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL c:\test.mp3

replacing c:\test.mp3 with the name of your file.

Regards,
-Harlan
Fox67
I tried your suggestion : the media player is launched but nothing is played.

Pascal

Harlan
Thanks Pascal. What is the path to the file you are trying to open? Can you try moving it to C:\ and see if that makes a difference? This could be a Vista problem... I don't have a Vista system here at home to try on, but I'll have someone take a look on Monday.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.