DoeJoe
I can't seem to find any information on security.

1) How secure is the information stored on cloud server. Is encryption implemented?

2) If not is there a plan to implement encryption? What security arrangements have been made meanwhile?

3) If servers are encrypted, is there a white-paper available for the customer to review?

Thanks
Harlan
Hello. Yes, attachments in your brain are encrypted using RSA encryption in the cloud storage. Everything in your brain is also encrypted as it is sent "across the wire" between the client and server using HTTPS (the same standard used for transactions with your bank and credit card). See http://blog.thebrain.com/webbrainupgrade/

Regards,
-Harlan
Tracy
Hi DoeJoe,
In addition to the link Harlan sent, here is also our security overview whitepaper
Tracy

Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
DoeJoe
Thank you for the responses.

The whitepaper does not mention the Notes as being encrypted. It that the case also?

Thanks again.
Brigitte
The Notes are encrypted transferring across the wire, but not in storage. However, this is something that we will work on for the future.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
nM2T_
Good day,
Couldn't find this question covered anywhere in the forum yet. So posting  to get an answer and to make it publicly visible for others:

When synchronizing my private brain with my iOS device, once I've logged into the app I remain logged in, even when I close the app. So it looks like if I lose my mobile device for example, anyone can get access to my private brain (and even stay up to date as long as I keep synchronization on) ?  Is there a way to remotely revoke access rights from a particular device, or  to force login upon every app launch ?

Thanks
mcaton
Thanks for posting. Excellent question. I believe we may have chatted in support email earlier.

Changing your password (can quickly be done at https://app.thebrain.com/forgot-password) is the best option you have to protect your account in this scenario.  I've added your auto log out idea as a feature request for further review.

Thank you,
Matt
nM2T_
Thank you for the quick response, password change is indeed a useful trick to keep in mind.
I hope the "auto log out" (similarly to a banking app) will be implemented. Especially for mobile devices (desktop application would be nice to have as well - as you suggested).
I expect that users concerned about data protection, already use some kind of automated password management system. So auto log out  would be hardly any hassle for them. Those who aren't concerned about those kind of scenarios, might have an option to disable auto log out.

As a general note, cloud based functionality is very convenient, and probably will be worthwhile for me to pay for the service. But it does require trust and transparency into best practices applied by TheBrain to protect users data. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software