Steeph
I've installed 5.5.1.7 on my shiny new Win7 64bit installation. It's fully registered so it correctly shows Pro Edition in the Splash screen.

However, PB doesn't prompt me to download the Library Index version, so I'm now without index capabilities. A complete reinstall didn't help.
Bug?

Thanks

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Moe
Steeph, Thanks for the post. The indexing libraries are now built in , so there is no need for a separate download. Please see here for the announcement.

Best regards,
Moe
Steeph
Thanks for explaining Moe.

I see. I read that but hadn't realised this also meant the Pro indexing capabilities, assumed it was only for the basic Free formats.

Does that mean that the txt files in the txt directory are now also obsolete? That would be strange because they were still being updated when I was still using WinXP until a few days ago, but now they are not.

Also, does that also mean the Index Lib notification in the Splash screen is now removed? It should just show Pro and that's it?
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
Steeph
I did a "Rebuild Search Index" from the Utilities menu and now the txt directory is empty. Unless the indexing functionality is radically changed it looks like the index build is failing somehow.
Also, the output.log in the PB install directory was not created.

That smells like a permissions issue.
I've now given myself Full Control permissions on both the PB install dir and the dir where my Brain resides and now the index is building OK. Takes much more time than previously as well, because now it can actually do something.

I suppose usually brains are created inside the "Doc and Settings" user subdir where the user has default Full Control, so that won't be an issue. But if a brain happens to reside somewhere else, as my brain does, there could be an permissions problem.

Suggestion: Let PB check the permissions and give a warning in the plex so the user knows there is something wrong. Now I had no clue the indexing failed and why. Also check the permissions for the output.log file, or alternatively, create that in the brain dir, not in the PB install dir which is restricted by default in Win7.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software