BrentK
Can I switch back to using the old style link highlighting, where the entire link changes to a solid color when I hover over it?  I'm not really a fan of the animation that occurs when I hover over a link.

Thanks,
Brent

edit: I've changed my "links normal" and "links highlighted" colors to reduce the contrast between them, which helped to eliminate the 'beacon effect' that I disliked about the animation.

jroeterd

I guess the "Add glow effect" option in the setting is for that, but it is not working for me. 

Jeroen

zenrain

I think the glow effect just softens the link lines and gates, it doesn't disable the animation.

macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
BrentK
Also the glow effect is constant, meaning that all links glow all the time. 

I like a solid line that simply changes color when you hover over it...i.e., the v6 way.  

Thanks,
Brent

BrentK
I've changed my "links normal" and "links highlighted" colors to reduce the contrast between them, which helped to eliminate the 'beacon effect' that I disliked about the animation.  While I still would like the option to stop the animation, this is no longer a necessity for me.

Brent

mcaton
Thanks and we appreciate the feedback. Glad you found a solution that works for you. We'll still add your thoughts into our feature request list.

Thank you,
Matt
nw
Just to add that I fired up v7 this evening to have a look. Hated the link animation. Definitely need an option to switch if off. Did like the new options for link thickness. Not sure if I will ever use all the additional link functionality.
zenrain
Just to chime in, I didn't think I'd use the additional link functionality either, but I've been testing the one way links and have already found quite a few situations where they have been useful.

As an example, I have reports that use different databases, and I want a list of reports that use that database. In prior versions I didn't do it as I haven't wanted the report items to have multiple parents that I only need to reference once in a blue moon. However, with one way thoughts I have it set up that when I set the database as the active thought I can see the list of reports, but when the report is active I don't see the database parent.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
frankbusch
My first impression was also: wow this is too much! But you get used to it quite quickly. I would still like the option to switch off the animation and will look into ways to make it a little less obstrusive.

Cheers,
Frank
andreas
Nice update! I was a bit sceptical about the links but every day I see new possibilities...Just today, while adding the new Nobel Prize winners, I was able to put the disciplines (Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) as named links under the 2011 thought. Very useful for quick info.

- Could we have "private" links? The links would not show in the presentation mode. This way you can add non-public thoughts and material to your presentations. I know that you can make private thoughts, but private links would be way quicker without disturbing the rest of the brain.

Cheers,
andreas
Brice
Andreas, i'm a little confused ... since you cannot link several thoughts to a specific link, what will be the difference between making the link private rather than the targeted thought ?

(By the way, the "private" option is only used for presentation mode or does it have another purpose ?)
- Brice.
French user - TheBrain 7 beta.
andreas
Hi Brice,

I can't help but working with directed arrows that are only visible from one side feels like losing information. 
When I am preparing the presentation I want to be able to go back and forth between the thoughts. But once I am giving the presentation, I want a "fence" around the data that keeps me from stepping into thoughts with, e.g., notes no one should see :-) Having links that can be switched between on/off would be cool.

Presentation-thought               other-thought
                      \                         /
                        \                      /
                  private                 /
                            \               /
                        reference paper

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software