ChrisCase
It would be much easier to unlink Thoughts if not only the line but also the Thoughts it connects were to light up on mouseover.  I have accidentally unlinked many Thoughts because of the great difficulty ascertaining which link line connects to which Thoughts. To be accurate I find I have to go to fullscreen and enlarge the font.
Harlan

I like this idea for hilighting connected thoughts on mouseover of links. We'll see what we can do...

Regards,

-Harlan

Regards,
-Harlan
begogerber
HI,

In my brief experience, v.4.0.4.4beta does not show links in red when moused over, and clicking the link does not unlink it the way v.3.0.3 does. Is that intentional? It means that unlinking is a dropdown menu activity involving a lot more mousing around, especially if one is doing significant restructuring of the brain. If it is intentional, could there be an option in Preferences to choose between the two methods at the user's discretion?

Thanks,

Bego

spytech128
I did like the ability in PB3 to highlight the link or the child thought and have that immediate ability to delete or unlink the thought. It doesn't seem as easy to do in PB4.

I also like the idea of highlighting connected and just-previously linked (forgotten) thoughts on mouseover of links, to make it easier to find your accidental disconnections or reconsidered thoughts you would like to re-attach.
Spytech128
Harlan
Thanks for the feedback.

PB4 does highlight the link on mouseover. You can set the color of the highlight in the Preferences > Colors dialog box. And, the latest version includes Chris's suggestion to highlight the thoughts involved also.

PB4 requires a right-click for unlinking because we found that too many people were accidentally clicking, missing their intended target, and accidentally unlinking things.
Regards,
-Harlan
begogerber
Thanks for the info, Harlan. Any chance of making the unlinking action a user preference?

Bego

Harlan

We have adjusted this to allow left-clicking on the link. Unlinking will require confirmation by clicking on the resulting pop-up menu. Hopefully this compromise will suit everyone.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software