lunatrix
Hi I know this has been discussed before but I cant remember the answer and searching just brings up "to many common words"

Can someone remind me if it is possible to link from a thought in one brain to a specific thought in another brain? And if so, how?

Cheers
Lunatrix
zenrain
No, sorry it's not possible right now. This is one of the higher requested features in Uservoice.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain/suggestions/70766-linking-brains?ref=title

This and more advanced link functionality are two of the most requested features on this forum and UserVoice the last couple of years.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
lunatrix
Thanks guys - I knew I had seen this discussed but somehow couldnt remember or find what had been said.
Good to know it might come along soon.
Helen
sp33dbump
It was possible to do a few versions back.  This needs to be a priority.
danlandrum
Doesn't "Copy Local Thought URL," do this for you? I used it today and it jumped to the proper brain, even if the linked-to thought was in an unopened brain.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mettdavis
Isn’t this a 2010-era question?

danlandrum wrote:
Doesn't "Copy Local Thought URL," do this for you? I used it today and it jumped to the proper brain, even if the linked-to thought was in an unopened brain.
shatcher
Hi,

This is indeed a very old thread. Since it has new responses, it may be found by other users, so I will describe here how to link to a Thought in another Brain:

-Open the Brain you want to link to
-Choose the Thought to link to
-Right-click and Copy Local Thought URL
-Open the Brain where you want the link to be
-Navigate to the spot to add the link (either a Thought or in the notes)
-Right-click and Paste Web Link

Also, this link functions exactly like a hyperlink. It is one way only, and does not show any data from the other Brain.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software