mbaas
Harlan, I'd like to see this dialog slightly modified: can you pls. add a "OK" and "Cancel"-Button there?
Having to close the window to exit the dialog is a bit unusual and also not in line with the way the other dialogs are handled in PB. And it also means that one can't get out of it using the standard kbd-shortcuts <Enter> or <Esc>..

Harlan
This dialog is not really a dialog - it is a window which you can keep open while doing other things in PB. OK/Cancel buttons would not make sense because they would not do anything - changes you make are immediately applied - they can't be canceled and don't need to be applied via an OK. This is why they behave like windows and must be closed.

Try to think of them more like file explorer windows.
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Sorry, Harlan, for being so persistent, BUT I still think this is a bit unsual. When I want to edit these props, I do so and I would expect to do that in a "normal" dialog, I don't see a major diff between setting link type and i.e. renaming a thought (which has "standard" dialog-behaviour)

Or does the current solution enable me to do things that I personally have missed (its still only the 12th day of my trial-period!)? Otherwise I think this is just confusing and the different methods required to get rid of the window don't add to a consistent look and feel of the app...
Harlan
yes, the way it works now you can drag and drop between the attachments lists, activate thoughts and keep the properties of a specific thought visible...
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software