Cxiym
Since I've recently switched from Mac to Windows, I've noticed that the very useful ability to 'quick jump' to a link type by typing in its name is no longer available. While a full on 'quick search' feature would be ideal, it would be great if this could be added to the windows version
mcaton
Sean,

Do you mean searching for a link type? This has been added to our feature request list.  Link labels show up in search results just fine, but it's a bit more complex to search for and navigate to a link type.

Thank you,
Matt
Cxiym
Hey Matt, thanks for the quick reply,

To clarify, I don't mean the ability to type in the name of a 'link type' into the search bar as if it were a normal thought. Rather, when you create a new link with no type or label, and want to assign a 'Link Type' to it, you can right click on the link, and hover over the option that says 'Set Type', upon which the menu expands to a larger one that shows all the 'Link Types' you have previously used.

It seems that on Mac, when hovering the cursor over this expanded menu, I had the ability to key in the first few letters of the specific 'Link Type' I had in mind, and it jumps straight to it, instead of me having to scroll down to select it manually, which is convenient if you have lots of Link Types that you regularly use. I was wondering why this 'feature' (?) no longer seems available after switching from Mac to Windows.
mcaton
Thank you for the added description. I've replicated the same scenario as you have described.  I'll document for our engineers to review.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Sorry, but the functionality in question is part of the operating system's native menu interface and is not offered by Windows.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software