rengel
Good idea, but the readability could be better.
Can one change the color of the link types?
(That's the default right after installation of TB 7030.)

BTW: Why didn't you do the same for thought types? (I know, users are always greedy; one change leads to the next.)
Click image for larger version - Name: Readability.jpg, Views: 102, Size: 34.34 KB
Reinhard, TB 10.0.36.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
Reinhard,

Thank you for posting. The color of the list background is usually determined by the Theme.

Regards,
zoner
Quote:
Can one change the color of the link types?

rengel, I think you can change the text color you see in the new link types menu by changing (options > preferences > color > links, normal). 

To change the entire background of the link type menu, here is what I did since I have a set image as my background. I changed (options > preferences > color > background, center and background, top and bottom) to my desired blend of colors. Remember, if you have one of the default themes set, tweaking the two settings will alter your background unless you have an image as your background. 

Hope this helps!
rengel
This was the default setting ('fresh from the factory'). I didn't change any link colors. The text should be more readable than the default shows. What is it good for to show the text using the link color? The color ist NOT used, when the link text is shown in the plex.

Click image for larger version - Name: LinkTypeColor1.png, Views: 67, Size: 18.98 KB Click image for larger version - Name: LinkTypeColor2.png, Views: 67, Size: 17.75 KB
Reinhard, TB 10.0.36.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pshanks
I see what Rengel is saying and seeing...

The Link Type selection box has changed between V7029 & V7030.

The Blue background is hard to read. How is the background color being selected?
I like being able to see what my Link Type color is going to be thou.

The background color for Thought Type is Black.
Click image for larger version - Name: Link_Type_-_V7029.jpg, Views: 67, Size: 112.74 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Link_Type_-_V7030.jpg, Views: 66, Size: 90.63 KB
pthompson
Hello All,

Thank you for the additional input. I will bring this to the attention of our developers.

Regards,
Harlan
Some of the information above is inaccurate...

1. The colors used in the menu are in fact the colors that are displayed of the links, not the link text - that is the confusion.

2. The thought types menu IS already like this also. (but it's background color is the thought's background color)

3. The background color of the link menu is the average background color.

I agree in some cases the link text does not stand out enough. This is because it simulates the color of the link on the background, which is intentionally not high contrast. We'll have to think about another way to do this.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software