jobenshain
Is it possible to link thoughts in different Brains?
zenrain
Not currently, but it's a popular request, and you can add your vote for it here in Uservoice.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
TheAlchemist
I have searched all the threads on how to link brains but I see that this is not possible.
My need is for a repetitive structure way down in my normal single Brain.
I cannot work out how to copy the same children below several thoughts without each copy of the children being linked to every prent thought.
There is no link between between each group of children, yet, there may be once the information for each child is developed.
Is there way to cope with this situation in a straightforward manner?

Q6Brain
This may be a related issue, but in case it's not (or if it's just not relevant) please let me know.

When I load data (not files, but it could apply) initially into my Brain, I can harvest a single column of data and load it as Children of say an Organization parent. Each value gets its own GUID. Then I can move to a different column of data and load individual values into a different Parent. I do this using a macro in Excel (where the data is stored) that separates the values with a semi-colon so I can simply cut and paste into my Brain. This technique accomplishes a couple of things in my system: 

1. It establishes each value as an Instance (Child) of a Class (Parent). I know this may be antithetical to purists, but it works for me.

2. It gives each of the values a unique and permanent identifier.

What I would like to do next is to create an Association between these two (as a Jump, for example) using the GUIDs. I know about the comma trick, but one of my requirements is to be able to manage identical strings, so I couldn't for example say "Portland, Oregon" because I already have seventeen individual (and valid) "Portland" strings in my current Brain. 

What I would like to be able to do is use the GUID for a given 'Portland' and create any given relationship between it and any other GUID I choose.

I think as far as the 'linking of multiple Brains is concerned, common GUIDs between them and a common structure as Alchemist suggests - which Q6 Brain already has (*nudge, nudge*) would be a step in the right direction.
John O'
zenrain
This is now possible in V6.

Right-click a thought and choose Copy Thought URL. Then go into another brain, and either right click the thought or in the attachment area and choose Paste Web Link.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.239

Add a Website Forum to your website.