GerSch
In the new version of Evernote 4.3 it is possible to copy the URL of a note and than link it to PB. Great!

Hopefully one day PB can index those Evernote notes, because it makes sense to search for all information from one place.
melitabel
Excellent - thanks for sharing.
Less judgement, more curiosity
thinice
I'm a total newbie.
Can you pls. help me understand how to make that link from Evernote to PB.
Many thanks!!

thinice
mcaton
I believe the process is much the same as it would be with OneNote.  We have a tutorial for that located at http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/files-and-email/pb-and-onenote/.

Thanks,
Matt
pvonk
Evernote 4.3???  Is this a Windows version?  The mac has version 2.0.1.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify - Thoreau
StevenMay
pvonk, yeah it's windows version
GerSch
@thinice - Have a look here:
http://blog.evernote.com/page/3/ 
thinice
thanks Matt.
EV 'share' copy url to clipboard
then PB 'paste web link'
...more I get into PB more I love it.
Thanks all you guys who responded.
Pat

thinice
GerSch
News from Evernote: Notes Link
http://blog.evernote.com/

This works great between Evernote and PB. The only thing is you must rename the thought in PB, because you get an URL. There seems no to be the possability to bring the notes name from Evernote to PB, or?

Now it opens your only Evernote App, not for every link another windows. This great. If you only display the notes in Evernote, not the left panel, not the notes list, you can see only the note which is linked from PB. And Evernote opens very, very quickly.

LAst question: How can we now get the fulltext into PB, so that we can find it, whenm we make a search in PB?
zenrain
Quote:
Last question: How can we now get the fulltext into PB, so that we can find it, when we make a search in PB?

Does Evernote supply an api which allows this functionality? Otherwise I don't see how it could be done.

macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
StevenMay
zenrain, evernote does supply an api for developers to integrate with other apps so its possible, it might be necessary to contact them so that they will provide support though

This new feature (links) actually brings Evernote a lot closer to Personal Brain even though it might be not very obvious.
 Those links in EN could be used in the same way as thought links are used in PB except of course they are not going to be as visual and etc. but still this is very intersting. 
I'm still sticking with PB though and will keep using EN just for capturing web content to organize later in PB.
But the direction EN took with this looks very intersting especially if they are going to continue developement in this direction
zenrain
That's interesting, it allows notes to behave more like a wiki. I see they are also now allowing export to .html, which is a pretty good improvement.

Thanks!
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
chinarut
hi!  i just got back on the EN bandwagon and it's nice to see when you paste the Share URL into TheBrain, the thought name now matches the note name in EN which works really great.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to create a private share URL?   meaning if someone clicks on the URL, the EN note wont' open unless you're logged into EN.

I find EN is really great for handling thoughts with a large amount of data (ie. scanned documents) associated with it - an alternative to storing a document internally or having to juggle antics in regards to where to store the file externally so it is accessible from everywhere.  EN lets you store the file in the cloud and keep my brain fairly compact.

jostber
Nice one: [smile]

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/689b2f8f-04a6-4485-b33e-eae77f053e02/59590ee0bf936f0131c484388dec00e6

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
zenrain
Ha, good note!
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software