zenrain
When a link is selected, the tools label still says Thought, it would be nice if it said Link instead.

Also, under some color themes, the link label doesn't show, it just appears as a square. For example, use the Dark Grey Theme and enter a link label. Perhaps using the thought text color for the link label text also would resolve it?

Finally, I really like the curved links, and the movement that appears in the links when thoughts are highlighted. It helps identify directionality easily, and makes it easier to pick out which link belongs to which thought.
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Harlan
Hi Zen,

The tools label should change as appropriate - if a link is selected, it should say "Link" unless you are mousing over a thought.

I think we will have to change the colors for some of the themes to make the link labels stand out enough to be readable... If we make them the same color as the thought, they will be harder to distinguish.

Glad to hear you like the curved links. I am also a fan personally.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Here's a screenshot of the label. I'm guessing it's already fixed in a later version of the beta if you are getting a different result.

Also, for one way links the behavior seems to be that if you navigate from the thought that shows the relationship to the thought that doesn't show the relationship, that relationship still shows. If you navigate from a different thought to the one way thought, the other thought doesn't show. This makes sense in that it doesn't disorient the user.
However, it doesn't seem to always work for jump thoughts. It seems like sometimes the one way thought is shown, and sometimes not, even if you navigate from the non-jump thought.
Click image for larger version - Name: thought.png, Views: 75, Size: 260.75 KB
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
zenrain

Also, the default button to reset the color to the standard link color doesn't work.

macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
Moe
Zen, Thank You for your feedback. We will look into each point you have touched upon in your post above.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software