sibleyd
I have started putting links to Evernote in the brain.

If I remember correctly, I tried this months ago and it didn't work acceptably. I think there was some discussion here about that.

It is working very well now.

I will next try Outlook.  It seems to me with so much being cloud based now, if a link to the email program works well, no need to put the msg file in the brain.
pthompson
Thanks for the update!
andreas
Indeed it looks as if I can use Evernote within my Brain9 without needing to access the desktop version of Evernote. How very nice! Thank you - This will actually allow me to save a lot of disk space!
andreas
One thing, though: if I link an Evernote link into the Brain9, the thought will always be named "Welcome Back". It would be perfect, if the link would be named after the note title.
sibleyd
Outlook does not provide a url for individual emails. This was easily solved by forwarding the outlook emails to gmail which does. The gmail links work good within the brain.

It does display the following message at the top which is a minor irritation: "This version of Chrome is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser."

The way I see it is that by linking to webware like this you get the best of both worlds. The information can be organized in a brain way while still having all the search and other features of the webware.

I believe the contents of linked web pages are not being indexed like with Brain 8, but I think I saw that this is on the todo list.
mcaton
Thank you for mentioning the 'Welcome Back' issue with Evernote. This has always bugged me as well.  I'll confirm that a fix request is documented.

Thanks,
Matt
andreas
Thanks, Matt!
sibleyd
For some reason, when I put the "Copy URL" into the tool bar on Evernote and click it rather than using the right click menu to "Copy Note Link," it no longer says "Welcome Back" as the name for the Evernote Link attachment in the Brain. Rather, it uses the name of the EverNote note as desired.

Even more curious, when I uses "Cnt+Alt+L" for a shortcut to "Copy Note Link" in Evernote, the name of the Evernote link attachment in the Brain is gibberish.

These are almost certainly issues with Evernote not the brain.

It seems like using the "Copy URL" in the Evernote tool bar is best.

In ideal world, it would be possibly to drag and drop the Evernote link into the Brain.
mcaton
Great tips David - thanks for sharing.  I'll add these to our review ticket.

Matt
embe
There seem to be two different shortcuts: CTRL+ALT+L, and CTRL+\

The first one is an "internal" link, while the other one is a "shared" link. 

The "shared" link seems to be the same as the link that is generated with the toolbar icon.

In my case only the shared link is able to open the web preview of the evernote note inside theBrain's built-in browser.

Using the "internal link" the page starts loading, but always results in a white page in theBrain's built-in browser. On the other hand it will load the note in an external browser, for example if you doubleclick its icon in the attachment list.

I just tried it using theBrain 9.0.240.0, and Evernote 6.7.5.5825, under Windows 10.
Templay
Hello Matt,

Quote: Thank you for mentioning the 'Welcome Back' issue with Evernote. This has always bugged me as well.  I'll confirm that a fix request is documented.

Thanks,
Matt

Any news on this ? I just tried on 9.0.245.0 and my evernote notes are still named "Welcome back"...
Yannick

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software