DrT
I hope I'm not asking redundant questions. I would love to be able to use this app, a beautiful concept, to organize all my texts, photos, audio, etc. in trying to learn an unwritten language with complete links to cultural information. For example: learning about a wedding results in recordings from individuals about weddings, photos from weddings, videos, transcribed texts describing weddings, then all of the resulting grammar: noun lists, verbs, etc. associated with the topic. I want to connect all of these things to the thought: "weddings".

Challenges I've noted from only a few hours use (sorry if there are trivial solutions):
* Can't drag/drop from iTunes.
* Drag/drop from iPhoto produces another copy of the image. Is this true with all files? Is it possible to just link to the original image file without duplication? Also, is it possible to drag/drop a folder or film roll of related photos and have them remain grouped in a folder.
* Is there a simple keystroke to delete a thought?
* I've read other's wishlists related to Mail integration, so I'll simply second that.

Anyways, great concept and nice work so far. Boa sorte!
Harlan
For iTunes, control-click and select "Show in Finder" - you will be able to drag and drop from there.

iPhoto, doesn't allow link operations during drag and drop so that is why copies are made, if you want to link to the original file you can control-click on it, select "Show File" and then drag from there.

There's no delete keystroke yet, but we are planning on adding this. Control-click and select "Forget".

We'll see if we can enable better drag and drop from iTunes in a future version.

Thanks for posting.
Regards,
-Harlan
Tommy
Hi Harlan,

Here is a question I have since many years...  In the same sense as the first post, I would like to know if there is a way to not duplicate thoughts.  With his example of a wedding, he can have photos, videos, etc.  So, a parent thought could be 'wedding' with two child thoughts 'photos' and 'videos'.  If I also have other subjects of interest, for example 'planes', 'cats', 'dogs', etc...  and I would like to have 'photos' and 'videos' for each of them, without the need to explicitely write the parent's thought name (eg "video of cats"...  just "videos" connected to the thought "cats"), how is it possible?  I know that PB will let me create a thought even if it has the same name as an existing thought, but when I type in the search box, each thought with the same name will appears and I can't know which one I'm looking for...  In my example, I have to click one of the "videos" thought and I don't know which one will appears.

I think it could be nice to add a piece of information (maybe the name of parent's thought) when displaying multiple thoughts with the same name in the search box.  So if I type "video", the suggestions could be "videos (wedding), videos (cats), etc" even if the name of thought is just "videos".

Thanks,

Tommy
Harlan
Hi Tommy,

Yes, I agree - the display of "disambiguating" related thoughts is a feature that we have planned for a future release.

Regards,
-Harlan

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software