mnolte
I have a thought with 13 children. In landscape mode only the first 5 or 6 letters of the children's thought names are visible, 9 or 10 when there is no thought icon.
More letters (but not sufficient) become visible in portrait mode. But then, sibling thought names are shortened down to 3...9 letters.

This makes parts of my brain hard to use on the iPhone app. One might make more use of the comma trick, where possible. I don't see other options at this time.

Martin
zenrain
Yes, I've experienced this also on the iPhone. I think the problem could be solved by either:
  • Adding the option to use outline view
  • Wrap names when they are too long (allowing multiline thought names). This would require a bit more scrolling though if you have multiple thoughts. Speaking of scrolling through multiple thoughts, this is still sometimes difficult on an iOS device. It's a bit more of a tap than a scroll. It's almost like the plex area should grow vertically allowing you to scroll the window rather than the thoughts.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Tracy
Thanks for posting this feedback on long Thought names. I will flag this to our developers attention so they are aware. Thanks again.
Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
Harlan
You can also modify the font size so more is displayed. From the brains menu, select the gear icon in the top left to show the options screen.
Regards,
-Harlan
Peter93
I've had that issue too, thanks for pointing it out! Modifying the font size makes it easier, but it'd still be better to just break long names up into multiple lines.

Btw, I'm missing the subtitles for my thoughts. [frown] In some cases, they carry essential information for me, so it would be nice to be able to see them in IOS.
Brigitte
Thanks for posting additional feedback. If you are referring to Thought Types and Tags, it is correct that this is not currently available on the iPhone/iPad.   

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Peter93
Brigitte, I'm talking about the labels that you find underneath the title field and that you see when you hover over a thought name.

I'd really appreciate to see that feature available in IOS!
Brigitte
Thanks for the clarification. This feature is on our to-do list. 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software