Cerebrum
Three problems with syncing on iOS devices:

1. No automatic syncing
2. Syncing sometimes very slow
3. On-screen messages not informative

The app should sync automatically in a way that is similar to how it works in Evernote and OneNote. Seems archaic to have to tap an icon.

The syncing can take a long time, depending on how many changes were made in the desktop app. When I open the iOS app, I'm often looking for a recent thought or attachment. I have to wait for the app to launch and display the splash screen, then I have to select the brain (the app doesn't remember the previously opened brain), then I have to wait for the app to sync the brain, and then I can search for that one piece of information.

The on-screen messages are intrusive and they don't say anything that is meaningful to the user. Might as well just have the message "Syncing".  

I'm sure that the developers have looked at Background App Refresh but I'm also sure that this is difficult to implement for TheBrain.
Harlan
These issues have been addressed in the new release. Note that speed of sync is dependent on how many changes have happened since the last sync.
Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
All three problems solved.😃
Thank you.
andreas
Harlan, how exactly does the automatic sync work? How long, after the brain is synced? Often, on the phone, I open the brain only for a very brief time in order to jot down an idea. I noticed that this brief period of working on the brain will not trigger automatic synchronization?
Harlan
Automatic sync happens when a brain is first opened and then again every 5 minutes. This means that if you make a change and then close/leave the application immediately it will not get sent to the server until the next time you go back to the application. If you want to make sure your latest change get sent to the server, tap the sync button prior to leaving. (We'd like to improve this in the future of course...)
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software