rzw7
Hi guys,

Please advise on the following issues:

1.Each time I turn on my brain I need to reinstall the background image, as it is lost each time when the computer is turned off.

I cannot delete nor forget a thought, all I can do is to unlink the thought.

thx,
rw
less is more
rhodes
Which version of PB are you using, and on which operating system?
Alan Rhodes
rzw7

Hi Rhodes,

It is PB 6.0.2.8.b. on Microsoft windows vista 32 bit

thanks in advance
rw
less is more
rhodes
I'm not the best person to help you here. I'm only running 6.0.2.7 and don't use image background in the Plex. These seem rather bizarre bugs that I'm sure would have been noticed by the developers before release. Are you sure you have the latest Java runtime? If that doesn't fix it, maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.

What actually happens when you try to delete or forget a thought?

You might receive more responses if you posted these issues in the 6.0 Beta section of the forum. Maybe one of the mods can move it there.

Alan Rhodes
rzw7
thanks for your tips,

I have posted it in the 6 beta section, will see.

When I want to delete a thought or forget it there is no reaction from the program,

I have the latest version of java.

rw
less is more
Moe
Hi rw,

Thanks for posting. When you assign a background to your Brain a PNG image "wallpaper.png" is created and stored in your "_brain" folder. Can you check and see if this file is present in your "_brain" folder after a restart.

Regarding the other problem (can not delete or forget a Thought), please replicate the problem then forward us a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com referencing this post. You can find the output.log file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your system. Please make sure to set PB to run as administrator for the output.log file to be generated since you are running PB on Vista. You can set PB to run as administrator for a session by right clicking the PB icon in your start menu then selecting "Run as administrator".

Thanks,
Moe
rzw7
Hi,

The file is in the _brain folder,

what is the output.log folder, where I can find it?
thanks,
rw
less is more
Moe
rw, You should be able to find your output.log file in the "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your system. Make sure that you run PB as administrator for the output.log file to be generated.

Thanks,,
Moe
rzw7
I'm IT lunatic and do not understand your message, you say that I can find the output log, - I do not see such file, 

than you say that I can generate it - how?

please clarify,

thank
rw
less is more
Moe
For the output.log file to be generated in the "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your Windows Vista machine you need to set PB to run as administrator. To run PB as administrator for a session you need to right click the PB icon in your start menu then select "Run as administrator" .

Thanks,
Moe

rzw7
ok, thank you
less is more

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software