HeinrichUnger
TB (PB8 8.0.0.8) J.1.7-0) is loosing some Image files in the notes . See Example. In this case the whole Notes subdirectory. I can not found any regular and systematic behind ist. But it is very awful.

file:///C:/Daten/Brain7/Job_brain/Files/41F7DD58-C27F-45F1-A646-D0777DBC49EC/PersonalBrain Notes/copiedlocalimagefile0.png

Is this behaviour known? Is there some fix?

BR
Heinrich
bmac
Heinrich - I have noticed that attachments and/or notes info has disappeared in certain cases but I could never factually determine when or how this was happening.  Regarding attachments, I have also wondered if they might still be in a folder within TheBrain environment someplace and TheBrain has only lost the link to the folder.  I believe at one time I asked for a utility that would scour all folders within TheBrain folder structure and determine if a particular folder's content was properly linked to a thought.  Having such a utility would at least put my mind to rest that TheBrain is not at fault with missing attachments.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
HeinrichUnger
Hi Bill,

now I Feeling really bad - because if I can not trust in TB that all my objects will be there, then it is dangerours to me. I am using TB in Projects vor logs (when which decision etc.) and I Need this proofs years later.

No I am thinking about using One Note for storage and TB for Graphic?

BR
Heinrich
zenrain
Ditto here, I've had several images disappear from my notes also, most recently the image I had attached to the home thought of TheBrain User Knowledgebase (which I still haven't replaced yet).

It seems to be rare, and for some reason I believe it's associated with synchronization, but I have no facts to back that up. It's very hard to troubleshoot because I don't know how long ago the image was lost... [frown]
As you reported, the folder that contained the image in the thought folder is missing, it was as if the image was never added to the notes, leaving a lovely red x placeholder.

The only time I've had the issue with attachments was when I experienced the great database corruption a few years ago, resulting from an issue in a 7.x Beta. Since then (and starting a completely new database) my attachments have remained where I put them.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
HeinrichUnger
Hi Zenrain,

exactly the same behaviour with me. And I have also the Feeling that it is something with Synchronisation. But I do not have any proof.

BR Heinrich
Parkerman
Hi All
I have experienced this too but only on one synchronised brain updated from Windows XP,  Windows 7 and Linux.  Bit like Zenrain I could not be sure when and how this happened so had not got around to putting a meaningful comment on this forum. If images transferred into the Brain can self delete (presumably  in the online copy)  and then somehow replicate this behaviour on synchronisation back to desktop copies it detracts from reliability.  Losing data is a fundamental fault rather than a minor bug.  

If 4 of us have had this experience surely others have and one would anticipate that this is a known issue to TheBrain developers and team who have developed sizeable complex brains themselves . 

Have never lost attachments or data with quasi competitors such as Mindjet,  Evernote or OneNote so looks like the developers need to investigate this thoroughly and quickly or risk losing the confidence and support of serious business customers.

I will propbably suspend further online synchronisation until I hear this has been addressed and will use brainzips instead. This is a key feature of the cloud subscription that is unsafe so I stress again that this needs addressing by the developers asap. I am a major fan of TheBrain so do not like to be critical or make such comments lightly. 

Best Wishes Chris
Brigitte
We are aware of images not showing in the cloud. Our engineers have been informed and are working on a solution. However, the images are not lost and should show on your desktop version.

One of you in has mentioned some issues with loosing notes. Please contact us for this at support@thebrain.com and we will help you troubleshoot your issue.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
HeinrichUnger
Dear Brigitte

Wrong completly wrong, the files and directory are going and have gone to electronical Nirwana. A not showing at cloud, would not impact me, because I use 98% of time the Desktop Version. On Desktop you find the red x placeholder and as I saw a lost Personalbrainnotes Directory . (In old MS word Version this often appears using large documents - it was a sort of Memory error internal in the Software).  

And I assume this is the same at the others. Wer are talking about lost thebrainnotes directories on desktop and lost Images. See also Chris comment which is pretty clear he will only use Desktop and zipbrain.

BR
Heinrich
zenrain
Same as Heinrich. The image did disappear on WebBrain (which is how I found it), but going back to the desktop brain, the image was missing because the image (and subfolder) was no longer in the thought folder. The path to the image was still stored in the note HTML, but there wasn't anything there.
The image in the thought had not been changed or updated for over a year, and I hadn't modified the thought in about that long. That's why I believe it occurred as a result of a synchronization problem.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
mcaton
Thanks everyone for posting.  I'm taking a fresh look at this issue of losing the images in your Thought Notes.  Does anyone have a "small," sample Brain that has this issue that they would be willing to share?  I'd like to take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt
mctrexler
I don't know if it's exactly the same issue, but there's also this thread regarding the loss of images (through synchronization) saved as thought icons. 

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/some-thought-icons-not-transferring-through-sync-5927635?pid=1274274216#post1274274216

The problem of images disappearing as part of the sync process has been known for years, and remains a problem.  We use TeamBrain, and all sorts of situations crop up.  In many cases the image is on one machine, and on the webbrain version, but refuses to show up on the other machines.  Or an image will "disappear" even though there is clearly still something attached to the thought. 

This was supposed to disappear as a problem with 8, but it didn't.  What I've been told by TheBrain folks is that they're coming up with a totally new way of handling these images that should resolve the problem. 

mcaton
We have a new release available at http://www.thebrain.com/download.  Version 8.0.1.1 resolves this pesky Thought Icon issue we've been tracking.  For any thought images that are not showing up on TheCloud, simply edit that thought image and re-sync. 

Thank you,
Matt
HeinrichUnger
Hi Matt,

does this help in anyway losing Images in notes and notes Directory on desktop? I am quite unsure.

BR
Heinrich
zenrain
No, I believe the issue that is resolved with the 8.0.1.1 release is the one in this forum post.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
HeinrichUnger
Hi Matt,

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/C5BBDAF3-4ADE-6D20-A9C8-3F109C3F3E35#-5

is a Brain where some in notes embedded Pictures disappeared.  YOu may look at this brain. If you Need Access right just tell me.

I do not synchronize cause on Desktop Version I have the Images.

I have to delete all the brain in the cloud and reinstall new, I guess

eg. A1.5.1 Develop Project Management Plan

BR
Heinrich

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software