richramos

I just tried using thebrain 7 for the first time today (v7.0.3.0)
All my custom KBAs seems to have been reset to the factory defaults.
Is this intentional?
Is there a way to recover my custom versions?
Spacenexus

Sorry to hear that; did you export your accelerators previously as a backup?

Jim

(backup fanatic)

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
richramos
Not in recent history.  Were there instructions somewhere that said to do that as part of the upgrade process that I missed?  I backed up my brain DB before I upgraded.  I also saw that thebrain created a backup as well.  Was a backup of the accelerators automatically created somewhere?
Spacenexus

No, it's a manual export from the Accelerators dialogue window. Perhaps a solution is to open a backup of your brain from a pre-7 install, export your accelerators to a *.csv and then reopen your latest brain with v7 and if the acceletors aren't there you can import the file.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
richramos
That implies that accelerators are stored on a per brain basis. Is that true? I thought they were app wide prefs, and thus stored somewhere else, like the prefs file.
zoner
Quote:
That implies that accelerators are stored on a per brain basis. Is that true?

I don't think that's true. The default accelerator list seems to be stored in the res folder located in TheBrain's install directory, but the custom list is stored in your user profile. On my system (Win 7 64 bit) I found it at 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TheBrain'. The file is called 'accelerators.csv'
Spacenexus

Nice Zoner, hadn't spotted that!

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
mcaton
As previously mentioned - the quickest fix to recover your old Accelerators is to open a backup in PB6 and do a quick export.  The CSV file will be compatible in TheBrain 7.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software