lel
A lot of notes seem to have disappeared when I upgraded from the normal 4.1. to the beta version. I have around 11.000 thoughts and many hundreds of notes. Left are in the statistics only 16 notes. Also the program got very slow so I am rebuilding the search index. What else can I do?

best
Harlan
The statistics in version 4.1 were actually very inaccurate in their notes count, so please keep this in mind.

If you actually know that you are missing notes, not just based on the statistics however, I would recommend redoing to conversion (see one of the pinned topics in this forum for a description of how) and keeping the output.log file. Send it to support@thebrain.com (or better yet, send a BrainZip of your 4.1 brain) and let us know the problem you are having. We'll take a look and find out what's going wrong.

When you say it got very slow, can you explain what you mean? When specifically is it slow? The output.log file will also help with diagnosing this. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
lel
Thanks I have now gone back to an earlier brainzip where things seem to work fine so far and the notes are kept.

In the meantime I also found an error message as below - no clue what it means:

PersonalBrain Pro Version 4507
Java 1.6.0_05
2008-jul-19 12:59
Database error encountered.
SQL: RUNSCRIPT FROM ? COMPRESSION LZF CIPHER AES
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Sequence SYSTEM_SEQUENCE_0DB44A8B_BFC0_4E06_8BB9_96F13582AC58 already exists; SQL statement:

CREATE SEQUENCE PUBLIC.SYSTEM_SEQUENCE_0DB44A8B_BFC0_4E06_8BB9_96F13582AC58 START WITH 7072 BELONGS_TO_TABLE [90035-72]
 at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:92)
 at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:96)
 at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:74)
 at org.h2.command.ddl.CreateSequence.update(CreateSequence.java:51)
 at org.h2.command.dml.RunScriptCommand.execute(RunScriptCommand.java:64)
 at org.h2.command.dml.RunScriptCommand.update(RunScriptCommand.java:46)
 at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.update(CommandContainer.java:69)
 at org.h2.command.Command.executeUpdate(Command.java:198)
 at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:167)
 at com.thebrain.personal.model.phoenix.v.for(PhoenixBrainStore.java:2550)
 at com.thebrain.personal.model.phoenix.v.do(PhoenixBrainStore.java:2489)
 at com.thebrain.personal.model.phoenix.v.for(PhoenixBrainStore.java:1478)
 at com.thebrain.personal.model.phoenix.v.if(PhoenixBrainStore.java:1341)
 at com.thebrain.personal.model.phoenix.a.a(PhoenixBrain.java:226)
 at com.thebrain.personal.view.d.a(MainFrame.java:1261)
 at com.thebrain.personal.view.d.access$21(MainFrame.java:1244)
 at com.thebrain.personal.view.d$6.run(MainFrame.java:1226)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

best lel
Harlan
Please do the following:

1. Backup your _brain folder.

2. Run the "File > Utilities > Verify and Backup Database" command. If you do not get an error, then there is no problem.

3. If you get the same error as you posted above or a different one, run the File > Utilities > Restore from Backup command. If now you get no error, then there is no problem.

If you still get an error at step 3, please let me know.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software