jataylor
Hey Guys,

At least from the Windows side of things, I'm loving the new release.  I'm dealing with less "quirks" with this release (4.3.0.2) than with the current 4.2 beta.

Things are speedier, I'm no longer separating from the database, so don't have to close and restart my Brain, and my 15,000 + thoughts in my 4.2 brain converted quickly and without any problems.

I'm comfortable enough with it, and finding use easier than with 4.2.  Enough that I'm confidently using 4.3.0.2 (although I did BrainZip my brain with 4.2) and have removed the "official" beta from my system.

I appreciate the hard work you all put into working out the bugs.  Even when there are quirks with a new release, your response time is much faster than most other software vendors.

Thanks for your commitment to excellence!

PB Pro
Intel Core 2
Vista Ultimate

John A. Taylor
PB Pro 6
Win XP, Win 7
Harlan

That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiousity, how often did you have to restart your Brain when running under 4.2?

Regards,
-Harlan
jataylor
Harlan,

Generally, at some point in the day, I'm putting a lot of information into my Brain.

It's during those times that I'd experience the majority of quirks, and I might have to shut down and restart 4 - 5 times during the period of greatest input of thoughts.

I didn't view it as a major inconvenience (since I was after all using the beta version), and assumed that this wouldn't be a problem later.  It is nice however to experience more stability with the new version.

And even when there are occasional quirks, I've never lost information with the Brain (which I can't say for other software I've used over the years).  I always keep a BrainZip just in case (which I've only had to use as a restore once). 

The majority of problems I've had when using the Brain haven't really turned out to be a problem with the Brain itself, but with other software that was causing system instability as I was running the Brain.  These were easily remedied through system updates, Java updates, etc.

All in all, I think it's been a pretty stable product.

Which is a testament to all the hard work on your end.

John A. Taylor
PB Pro 6
Win XP, Win 7
rtimmer
4.3.0.2 looks like a great improvement! The reports are much faster. Previously some reports took a long time to complete, but now the performance is fine, just a few secs.

The conversion process from 4.2.1.8 went pretty fast in about 8 minutes (more than 10 000 thoughts).

Roel
zenrain
Agreed, performance is much faster, as are reports. Thanks!
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jroeterd
Hello,

4.3.0.2 work OK for me too. I have a small brain (just started) so the performance difference is minimal for me. But I had no freezes, crashes or anything so that is looking good.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software