Shuhart75

I think you know that your app have a problem: some shortcuts won’t work in notes, if user switches to non-latin keyboard layout.

I don't know how exactly you define those shortcuts in your app, but some time ago I've got a little chat with tapbots team regarding one of their products which had a similar problem.

They use a script to avoid sandbox. It used  a layout-dependend code, smth like this:

-- sigh, thanks sandboxing
tell application "System Events"
keystroke "v" using {command down}
end tell

They have changed it to

-- sigh, thanks sandboxing
tell application "System Events"
key code 9 using {command down}
end tell

and everything is ok now.
May be you'll look into this problem with notes, it's rather tiresome to change layout every time you need to use a shortcut. Thanks.

pthompson
Shuhart75,

Thank you for writing and sharing this information. I will document it.
Harlan
Please provide us with a specific example of what layout you are switching to and which shortcut is not working so we can replicate the problem you are experiencing.
Regards,
-Harlan
Shuhart75
Hello. Sorry, somehow I've missed your reply. Russian keyboard layout. macOS High Sierr 10.13.3, mbp 15'' 2017.

Shorcuts still work strangely. I should say that's the only reason I haven't bought the 9th version... yet 😉
mcaton
Shuhart,

Thanks for the update.  Can you also please give us a shortcut example that is not working for you? You also mentioned earlier that you didn't know how to define the shortcuts.  Please click on TheBrain > Preferences > Keyboard tab to customize your own desired keyboard shortcuts.

Thank you,
Matt
Shuhart75
I've mentioned earlier that I don't know exactly how you define shortcuts in your app's code )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m4ba3ymnkgv7l7/brain.mov?dl=0

Here's a video. First I cut and paste text in latin keyboard layout. Then I switch to Russian, and cutting and pasting stop working. Then I use Cmd-Q to quit TheBrain in Russian layout, but nothing happens. I change layout to latin, press Cmd-Q again - and TheBrain quits as it should be.
mcaton
Thank you for posting and for sharing the helpful video!  This issue is documented and under review.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software