L1nda
Anyone have TheBrain running well on the new Mac operating system? 

I just upgraded to the TheBrain v9 Pro Combo and it's basically unusable.  The initial screen where you pick which of your brains to open is nearly always a blank grey screen- if you can randomly click on the right spot a brain will open.  From there, only text and URL attachments are previewing, not PDF's or word documents.  In the properties menu the options are all cut off mid word or line, so you can't read them.  

I have put a ticket in with support, but am curious if there's any Mac users who are running TheBrain without issue, specifically in Mojave, though even in High Sierra.  

I'm considering doing a clean install of Mojave or trying to roll back to High Sierra, but I haven't used TheBrain for a while, so I'm not even sure it'd run much better if I roll back.

I'm beyond frustrated with the reliability of TheBrain.  I've bought into it since v5 because I love the concept and there's nothing else that can do what it does, but I've never been able to trust it enough to use it consistently.  Today I decided to give it another try, and the free version worked fine, but upgraded to Pro again- and suddenly there's issues.
L1nda
Updating my own thread here... Clean installed Mojave and the issues listed above persisted.  Installed High Sierra and things seem to be running fine, so that's good news.
GaryW
I'm running TheBrain v9 Pro Combo on High Sierra with no issues. I had a few syncing problems but updates have fixed and things are currently working well.
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
RandyFrid
I'm running 9.1.17.0 and it works fine (almost). First, I'm running in the new Dark Mode.

1. Sentences are truncated in the "Preferences" screen
2. When you open a Thought to change it's text color or icon, there is no text and you can't see anything except a grey screen. However, if you know where to click from memory, the actions still popup the menu options and color selector. So the code is working, but the UI doesn't understand Dark Mode properly yet.

That's all I've had time to discover so far. I came looking for answers to those two questions.

UPDATE - I find everything working in Normal "Light Mode". It's Dark Mode that seems to be causing the problems.
GaryW
I just upgraded to MacOS Mojave.

In Dark Mode, I also see the truncated sentences in Preferences.

Initially I also experienced the grey screen problem when opening a Thought. However, when I restarted my 2017 MacBook Pro, the problem went away. I can now edit Thought text properly and make changes to icons.

So far, so good. I'll report any new issues that I stumble across.
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
mcaton
Thank you everyone for posting. Version 9.0.18 contained several updates for TheBrain running on Mojave. If you see any more anomalies, please let us know and share screenshots.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software