tcarternyc
I am rebuilding my Mac environment and attempting to install theBrain 7.0.4.5 and the program hangs without completely loading (no UI is visible other than the menu bar). When I select About, the splash screen is presented. The app does not load further (the only menu item visible is theBrain and its sub-items. File and other menu items are NOT visible. I have the very latest Java installed and would like to make use of this version. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.02.57 AM.png 

java version "1.8.0_102"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

I know that other apps requiring java allow me to successfully open by using a script to setup the required Java environment variables before opening. For example (the following script allows me to configure a required Java related environment variable required by Android Studio):

#/bin/bash
export STUDIO_JDK=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_92.jdk
open /Applications/Android\ Studio.app

Would something along these lines work for me to open my version of theBrain? As you may be aware; several security issues with Java 1.6 make it unsuitable for use on modern platforms. 

Have a little fun each day.
pthompson
tcarternyc,

TheBrain 7 is most likely not compatible with the latest version of Java. I would recommend installing Java ver 6 to use with TheBrain 7.
tcarternyc
Can you let me know if theBrain 8 is compatible with the latest versions of Java? (i.e. Java 1.8+). 

I think it'd be great if your team could add an environment variable so that future questions of which JDK/JRE to use could be handled by users. Many corporate machines are constrained to the latest, most secure versions of Java.
Have a little fun each day.
pthompson
tcarternyc,

Yes, TheBrain 8 is compatible with the latest version of Java.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software