tcarternyc
I am rebuilding my Mac environment and attempting to install theBrain 7.0.4.5 and the program hangs without completely loading (no UI is visible other than the menu bar). When I select About, the splash screen is presented. The app does not load further (the only menu item visible is theBrain and its sub-items. File and other menu items are NOT visible. I have the very latest Java installed and would like to make use of this version. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.02.57 AM.png 

java version "1.8.0_102"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

I know that other apps requiring java allow me to successfully open by using a script to setup the required Java environment variables before opening. For example (the following script allows me to configure a required Java related environment variable required by Android Studio):

#/bin/bash
export STUDIO_JDK=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_92.jdk
open /Applications/Android\ Studio.app

Would something along these lines work for me to open my version of theBrain? As you may be aware; several security issues with Java 1.6 make it unsuitable for use on modern platforms. 

Have a little fun each day.
pthompson
tcarternyc,

TheBrain 7 is most likely not compatible with the latest version of Java. I would recommend installing Java ver 6 to use with TheBrain 7.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
tcarternyc
Can you let me know if theBrain 8 is compatible with the latest versions of Java? (i.e. Java 1.8+). 

I think it'd be great if your team could add an environment variable so that future questions of which JDK/JRE to use could be handled by users. Many corporate machines are constrained to the latest, most secure versions of Java.
Have a little fun each day.
pthompson
tcarternyc,

Yes, TheBrain 8 is compatible with the latest version of Java.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software