Harlan
Hi everyone,

I'm really pleased with this upcoming release of TheBrain for iOS. It features a revamped UI that takes full advantage of larger screens and higher resolutions for iPad pros, iPhone plus sizes, etc.

If you are a member of the beta test group, we'd appreciate your help testing out this release prior to our making it available directly on the App Store. You should have received a notification from TestFlight that the release is available sometime today.

To install the new version, just open TestFlight and tap to install TheBrain 9.1.4

Warning: There is a high likelihood of issues in this release. If you run into a problem please report it and reinstall the stable release from the App Store. 

We look forward to your feedback.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Sorry for being stupid but I fail to see any changes on the iPad comparing to the old versions? Pdf attachement from inbox is broken.
Best, Andreas
Harlan
On iPad unless you have an iPad Pro it will not appear significantly different. Most iPhone users will see an immediate noticeable difference however. 

There seems to be a problem selecting attachments on iPad. This also affects selecting attachments in the inbox. Is that the same problem you are seeing?

FYI if you run into something you can’t overcome on the version from TestFlight, please reinstall from the App Store to go back to the stable release. 
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Harlan, I have an iPad Pro but do not see differences in the UI. 
Harlan
Essentially, everything is higher resolution. You can see more thoughts, more notes, more attachments, etc. 

You may also notice that the keyboard now includes more keys and functions since it too is higher resolution. 
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
On iPhone X it is most noticable as the prior version had black bars at the top and bottom. 
Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
Edited: Never mind.
sibleyd
I was set up with Test Flight but no longer.

I tried one link and it said something like it is closed.

Is it possible to get set up again?

I am impressed at how quickly the updates are coming.

Keep up the good work.

zenrain
Tested on iPhone X. No issues thus far, resolution is much better and takes up the entire screen. Very nice work!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Harlan
If you would like to join the TestFlight beta program, just send an email to support@thebrain.com with the subject "Add me to the iOS Beta" and we'll add you. It's a manual process so it might take a day or two. Once you have been added, you will get an email from TestFlight which will enable you to proceed.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
A new release, 9.1.4.1, is now available via TestFlight. It fixes several issues that were happening on the iPad, including those related to opening attachments and the inbox. Also, it now supports pasting images into notes.
Regards,
-Harlan
GaryW

I pasted an image into my iPad Pro 
Test with image pasted in iOS iPad Pro.jpg 

The pasted image did not make it into the Cloud and the Desktop
Test - No iOS image in Desktop.jpg   
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
GaryW
Test 2 Image shown in Desktop.

Test 2 showing image in Desktop.jpg 

Desktop image does not appear in iOS on my iPad Pro.
Test 2 - No image in iOS.png 

In both test cases, iPad Pro was rebooted after installing v9.1.4.1 from TestFlight. iPad Pro was also manually synched to ensure transfer to the Cloud.

We see the world not as it is but as we are.
Harlan
Gary, pasting of images is working in my testing still. There are a few things that could be going wrong for you. I'm going to reply on the other thread as that one is specifically about this issue.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
TheBrain for iOS 9.1.4.2 has been released to the app store. Thank-you to all the beta testers who provided feedback. 👍
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software