GerSch
It is really good to mark a thought with every colour. But I can´t find a way to copy this specific colour to another thought in my brain. I can duplicate one coloured thought and change than the text, but if I want to write more than one thought with ; there seems to be no way.

In other windows programms there are the created colours stored in the window and I can use it again and again.

Hope you understand my problem. Very painful working!!
zenrain
Hmm, it looks like only Thought Type colors are stored on the color wheel dropdown, not colors assigned to individual thoughts. Would be a good feature request.

There's no way I'm aware of to set the color when creating multiple thoughts.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
There are two workarounds off the top of my head:
  • Create a template thought for each color and then when you want to create a thought with that color, activate, right-click and choose Create Duplicate Child Thought.
  • Create a thought and put a table with two columns in the notes. In one column take a screenshot of the color, and in the other, paste in the Hex from the Choose a color window. Now you can reference that table and paste in the Hex of the color you want.
They ain't as pretty as allowing saving colors for thoughts in the drop-down window, but I can sorta see the design reason behind it. Someone may go gung-ho with the colors and then be miffed when it doesn't save all 1,787 of them.

I would be more partial to the second suggestion, although setting up the table may take a bit more work, it's cleaner (at least to me, YMMV ).

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
rhodes
Creating a template thought for each color (your first suggestion) is a good one. As for the second, there's no need to take a screenshot of the color when you should be able to select that color as a background for that cell in the table, with its hex value in the next column.

However, the problem with this approach is that the only accurate way to see the effect of any color is to view it against the plex background. A light or a dark plex background will change the way the color looks; the thickness of the color block also affects its appearance. I've adopted someone else's suggestion and created a set of thoughts each of a different color, with a descriptive name, e.g., aqua blue, and the corresponding RGB hex value in its note. This would work for both thought colors and type colors.

Alan Rhodes
GerSch
In one of the last webinars of Sally, I saw that she klicks on the colour button for a thought, that there were more than the black and white colours. There were about 8 colours or so.

Doesn´t it makes sense, that I can store p.e. 10 colours which I really often use for different purposes? In the most Windows-programms this is the usually way.

I just tried it out. If I make a coulored thought and than click to the next thought, this thought will have the same colour. But if remove the colour, the store colour is away, too. Now I need to have the Hex, if I want to have the same colour...????
rhodes

Hi GerSch, forgive me if I don't understand you exactly, but my philosophy is never to color thoughts directly except to store them as color samples. Always color the thoughts from the color of the type assigned to them. This is because PB has no way of mass-changing the direct colors of thoughts. If you have 50 thoughts of different colors and you want to change them to another color, you will have to do this 50 times unless you use color types. It should be verboten to assign a color directly to a thought! Unfortunately this is not mentioned in the User Guide.

One of my Brains is named Templates and contains among other things a number of thoughts each with a different color that I find easy to distinguish. The hex value of that color is stored in its Note so I don't have to open the color wheel each time to read off its hex value.

Note: if PB did disable the user's ability to assign colors directly to thoughts, I would use instead the same number of thoughts, each of a different thought type representing a different color, that's all.

Alternatively, you could create just one thought containing a Table in its note, each cell in the table containing a different color plus its hex value. However, this would not be as realistic as seeing an actual thought of this color in the plex. Hope this helps.

Alan Rhodes

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software