ruudhein
Possibly related: Malwarebytes ransomware warning after manual update

I just tried brain folder moved or deleted to see how that would work (thanks @metta!). Afterwards I closed TheBrain and put the original metadb back in place and reopened thebrain.

At that point I got this malware warning:

2019-04-06_3-19-34.jpg 
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.45.0
metta
You're welcome, Ruud.

FWIW, I've been spending years (literally) trying to get my antivirus program (WebRoot) to STOP blocking TheBrain. (This has been going on ever since the launch of TB9. -- and it is now affecting TB8.)

Needless to say, it would be great if we could find a way to white-list TheBrain once and for all -- but if there's a way to do it, I haven't figured it out yet....

WebRoot did provide some recommendations (shared in the aforementioned link) that might help with this issue, but I don't know if TheBrain team ever followed-up with WebRoot to see if any progress could be made on this issue....

So, in the absence of a permanent fix for this issue, I routinely update my antivirus settings every time TB10 is updated to "allow" the current version TheBrain to run. Unfortunately, this only partially helps with this problem, which is why I have another open help desk ticket (with WebRoot) on this very issue right now.

Perhaps you could adjust a similar setting within Malwarebytes to "allow" TheBrain to run without triggering a warning or being blocked?
ruudhein
I've white listed the program. The weird thing is that this is the first time this has happened. 

Computers sure make everything easier 😉
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.45.0
metta
@ruudhein ~

Indeed they do, especially when working with TheBrain. Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€°

FWIW, I just now downloaded and attempted to install the latest TB10 update (.45) -- but WebRoot irretrievably quarantined it, so now I have yet another WebRoot help desk ticket open. Ã°Å¸ËœÂ§

Sure wish there was a way to white-list TB and TB updates on a more reliable basis.
metta
= Update =

With additional white-listing support from WebRoot, I was finally able to complete the 10.0.45 update.

Hope white-listing TB10 will also prove to be a reliable fix for the originally Malwarebytes issue reported here.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software