HRivera
As a long time Personal Brain user I was excited to discover version 4.1. I love the new features, specially the better handling of rich text in notes.  However I have noticed that version 4 is a memory hog, beating even several Eclipse-based Windows application I must run.  I have a rather small brain (no pun intended) compared to some of the stats posted here (about 1000 thoughts).  The virtual memory keeps on growing until PB crashes.  I can no longer afford to leave it permanently running in the background as I used to do with version 3.

Is there anything being done to address this?  I cannot afford the memory footprint of this application but I would really hate to give it up.
jostber
Can you check the performance manager in Windows, and see for other applications that can be competing with the graphics resources? F.ex some extensions in Firefox might have a meory leak.

Could you also check if the beta 4.2.1.2 solves that memory problem?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
mcaton
Version 4.2 is certainly better on memory usage.  Also, immediately after one of your crashes, can you send us a copy of your output.log file?  Typically located in Program Files/PersonalBrain.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software