rengel
When I right-click on a thought to open the context menu and then select 'Set Type' or 'Set Tags', the corresponding types and tags list doesn't show colors, only the text of the types or tags respectively.
Reinhard, TB 10.0.29.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
metta
@rengel ~

FYI, thought colors and icons are not visible in the right click context menu in TB9 -- but they are visible in TB10.0.11.
rengel
@metta
Thanks for the information! But this is a little too fast for me. I just switched to 9.x in earnest, and I don't want to try yet another new version.

metta
I understand completely, rengel.

In fact, I'm still on TB8, and I'm only using the new platform for testing purposes. 😉
rengel
@metta
Thanks for your kind words!

I've been bitten once too often by new bugs in the Brain's software releases, so I have restrained myself from even visiting this forum during the last two years. In March, I finally decided to buy version 9.x, but now I was a little shocked that we have already a beta-version 10. Anyway, two weeks ago, I decided, to switch from 8.x to 9.x. Among others, I imported a brain with 500.000+ thoughts into a newly created 9x brain. It took more than 24 hours. Of these, the updating of the about 60.000 icons alone took more than eight hours.

As far as I can tell from my programming experience (20+ years, mainly Python, JavaScript, C++, some database systems), processing 500.000 records with a couple of indices is/should be nothing, if one gets one's data structures right.

My experience with TheBrain 9.x so far is mixed. On the positive side: I haven't lost any data, even if TheBrain hangs, which happens once in a while if I work in the report area with larger selections (as reported). Sometimes, when I create a new thought and want to link it to some existing parent thought, the parent thought isn't displayed in the selection, even if it does exist.

My overall impression right now is: TheBrain is good enough when it comes to core features like data integrity and stability (and that means a lot!), but a little bit shaky and sloppy when it comes to the user interface. Reviewing my past posts, not much has changed over the years.

So, business as usual. Use what works, and hope for a better future.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software