Manni
When sharing a public webbrain, we need to have formatting options to easily customize the code, or at the very least parameters we can add easily in the code to achieve the following:

- set a default orientation, for example I want my notes to show below the brain, not on the side, but the shared brain seems to always default to side notes
- disable the thought editor. It's really confusing if the user clicks on the active note and gets this window. Maybe some people want this on shared webbrain, but if not disabled by default I'd like the option to do so in the embedding code, because it doesn't seem to "remember" the setting from the local brain

EDIT: by the way, the visualizer for the attachments on the embedded webbrain, as well as the options to print and save the attachments, are GREAT! This will make it much easier for my users to see what which file is and decide if they want to download/print. Much better than having to click on the link in the notes, which is what they had to do with V8. Well done!
TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
metta
+1 - Set Default Orientation
+1 - Disable the Thought Editor

For those who are interested, 3 more related discussions:
> The iFrame Question Again
> Web Client Default Orientation
> No plans to restore missing features in the embed option
mcaton
Default orientation settings request is documented. 

A read only visitor to an online Brain should certainly not be able to Edit Thoughts.  Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

Thanks,
Matt
Manni
I've just done some tests, it's a far bigger bug than I thought: the embedded brain isn't read only!

- If you click on an already active thought, the thought editor opens up
- You can delete pinned thoughts! ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚°ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¸ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¹ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Ãâ€Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’‚²
- You can forget thoughts! ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚°ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¸ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¹ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Ãâ€Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’‚²ÃƒÃ†ÃƒƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚°ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¸ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬ ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¹ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Ãâ€Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’‚²
- You can also upload attachments, change the home thought, share a brain or a thought, etc...
- You can embed a brain, and interestingly there is an option not available from the webserver, which is to embed with current splitter layout (one of my requested features). See below for manual instructions until this is made available in the web server.

By the way, we don't only need to save the splitter orientation, we need to save the proportion between plex and notes. I want more space for the brain than the notes (vertically) by default, similar to what we had in V8.

Please embed any V10 brain, you should be able to reproduce, otherwise let me know which email address I should use to send you a private link to my embedded brain.

EDIT: thanks to the code visible when trying to share the embedded brain, here is how you can select the orientation and ratio of the brain.
Simply insert, right after the brain reference and before the quote, ?ratio=60&orient=h if you want an horizontal split and a ratio of 60% plex / 40% notes.

You should end up with something like this (bold is code to insert):

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://app.thebrain.com/embed/cb759044-6685-1234-1234-1234567890?ratio=60&orient=h" frameborder="0"></iframe>
TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
shatcher
Manni,

Please send the link to support@thebrain.com and we will be glad to help get this resolved.

-Sean
metta
@Manni ~

Just checking.....You weren't accidentally logged in by any chance, were you, when you ran into all these embed problems?
Manni
Hi Sean,

Thanks but Metta was right ÃƒÆ’°Å¸ËœÅ½

I was logged in into the web server, which is why I was able to edit the brain ÃƒÆ’°Å¸ËœÂ³. Sorry for the false alert.

I logged out and the embedded webbrain is now read only, as it should be, so none of the side effects are visible: thought editor when clicking on active thoughts, deleting pins or forgetting thoughts, etc.

I didn't know that if I logged in, I could do this in an embedded brain. I knew I could do this in the web brain, but I didn't know it would make an embedded brain in a separate website writable as well.

So thanks Metta for this ÃƒÆ’°Å¸â„¢â€š

Please could you document as a request the need to save not only the split orientation but other settings as well? We need:

- Split orientation (orient=)
- Ratio for Plex (ratio=)
- Disable/enable sharing (although it is set to disable by default as far as I can see when the brain is read only, which suits me fine)
- Disable/enable wandering (I'll let Metta comment on this as she's the expert, but I've made a few suggestions here http://forums.thebrain.com/post/tb9-embed-code-status-amp-plans-413-9813149?pid=1305283643). I suggest a user "wander on/off" added to the embedded brain if wander is enabled (if this isn't implemented yet), and therefore not only an enable/disable option for the embedded brain, but also a default wander on/off if wander is enabled. The presence of the wander on/off button should be optional too I guess. For example, I'd love to add a wander option in my embedded brains if the user had control over it (wander on/off) but I'd want wander to be off to start with. Then, if the user wants to, they can "wander", and stop if they find something interesting, switching from auto-pilot to manual exploration. I think speed is already supported, and I hope pre-set tags to "map" the wandering will be implemented as well. Wander seems to be a great feature!

I've found the parameters for orientation and ratio, please could you provide the parameters for enabling/disabling sharing and wandering if they are implemented but not offered yet in the UI when generating the code for the embedded webbrain?

I'm good for now with the read-only brain and the manual orient/ratio parameters as a workaround, but it might be useful for others.

Thanks!
mcaton
Thanks for the update Manni and thanks to Metta for chiming in ðŸ˜„

Further customization for iFrame code has been added as a feature request.

Matt
Manni
Great thanks!
metta
Ditto! Much appreciated, Matt. Thanks for documenting.
Manni
Hi Metta,

You might not have noticed but in the latest beta (10.0.14 Win) you can check a box that uses the current box settings re H/V split and ratio into the webbrain code. That's really handy and it makes it easy to modify/adjust afterwards if the ratio isn't exactly how you want it. Still no sharing/wandering options that I could see, but it's a good start!
metta
Thanks so much, Manni, for the heads up on this enhancement! 🙂 I had NOT yet noticed this new feature, and I look forward to checking it out.

However, I've been having so many sync issues with TB 10.0.14, that I'm only using TB9/10 now for testing new updates when/as they are released. (There are still too many missing note features in TB10 for my purposes, and too many bugs and missing features in TB9/10 web client.)

Will definitely take a closer look, though, since this orientation control will (eventually) be a big help for those of us interested in using embedded brains.
metta
@Manni ~

Apologies for the confusion here, Manni, but I cannot fined the checkbox to which you are referring anywhere.
> I couldn't find any embed code option in my desktop interface and
> the web client embed code looks like it hasn't changed at all. See screenshot below.

Am I missing something?

ShareSettings.png 
Manni
Hi Metta,

This is because you are looking at the brain's properties. You need to open the online brain and rightclick on the thought you want to share (you can select to share the brain if you prefer in the next step). 

You should get the following dialog box that allows you to replicate the current splitter layout in the brain: Share.jpg 
metta
Oh, hurray!! 😃

Thanks so much, Manni, for your help sorting this out.

I had a vague memory of the share options looking differently at different times, but I could never figure out why.

Now I realize what happened, and this prompts another feature request for TB team:

Could you please standardize the display of the sharing options wherever they appear?
> In the desktop pull down menu <== Missing the checkbox, the link to code and the embed code
> In the desktop brain list <== Missing the checkbox, the link to code and the embed code
> in the web client brain list <== Missing the checkbox
> in the web client plex (logged in) <== See Manni's screenshot
> in the web client plex (logged out) <== Not yet available

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software