Kriggel23
Just realized that there's no menu item "File > Open ..." to open an existing brain. Currently, this function can only (?) be reached by clicking onto the small "+"-sign. The shortcut cmd-O, used by most other Apps on macOS to open an existing file/project/image/whatsoever is used by TB10 to open the/an attachment of the current thought - and that's something quite different ...
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-11 um 07.36.57.png 

The other missing, but helpful menu item is "Help > Search for ...". I like to use this to find/identify specific menu items. Some Apps also show help topic related to the search criteria entered here (e.g. Mail).

Kriggel23
Cerebrum
Good points, but ... 

The developers at TheBrain don't want you to "Open" a brain by navigating to a folder. Also, there's no way of viewing recently-opened brains.  

There's no Help other than the online video tutorials and the Transition Guide.
Kriggel23
There's only that small icon ...
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-11 um 23.10.09.png 
... you have to click to get a tile view of the existing brains.
I would like to see a menu item, and a shortcut for this function (i.e. "click on +").

It would be nice to navigate this tile view with the cursor keys, and open one of those brains with e.g. <Return>.

A menu item "File > Open recently ..." would of course speed up this task.
mcaton
Christian,

File > New Tab would be the equivalent of clicking on the small + icon.  I'll document the request to then be able to select a Brain from the thumbnail list with arrows/return key.

Thanks,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

thank you, "File > New Tab" is indeed what I was looking for. In remembrance of spreadsheet apps I interpreted "New Tab" as "add another tab with another view for the current/same brain".
To be honest, I would prefer "Open" instead of "New Tab".

And, considering the hint of Cerebrum about not opening brains from folders, the menu item "File" is wrong. With TB, we do not juggle "files", but "brains". By this, "File > New Tab" rather should be "Brain > Open".

Christian
Harlan
Yes, we are planning to rename the File menu to Brain eventually.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software