NickHowe
Just launched PB4 and tried to create a child - the child dialog will not paint properly...

I closed the dialog and repeated and it worked OK.

dreynolds
Was this just a one time deal? Please let us know if this continues or you are able to reproduce the error.

DavidR.

NickHowe
I can recreate the problem.  This happens with the first child thought I try to create after I first open a brain.  After that it is OK.  Sequence to recreate:

Start PB4.  Drag the child handle from the current main thought.  Dialog box does not paint properly.  Close dialog and try again - works fine.
Exit PB4 and restart it.  Same sequence, same problem.

dreynolds
Can you please check your Java settings and let us know which version you are currently using? This can be done by going to the Console Panel (in classic view) and clicking on the Java option. In the General tab click "About..". Please let us know what version it is?

Thanks,

DavidR.

NickHowe
1.6.0-b105
Harlan

Can you please replicate this problem and then send post a copy of your output.log file from the PersonalBrain program folder? This will help us track it down. What OS are you using? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe
I'm in a hotel working on my laptop and can't reproduce the problem.  I'll try again in the office tomorrow.  I've only seen the problem at work when I am displaying PB4 on a second monitor.  OS is XP SP2.  Dell latitude C600, Radeon 9000 video,
NickHowe
I've checked this morning and can state the problem only occurs when PB4 is showing on the secondary monitor.

I've included an output from a session where the dialog draws (i.e., when PB4 is on the main monitor) and when it doesn't (secondary).

Harlan

Unforunately there's nothing in the logs. Can you try updating to Java 6 update 1? You can get it here: http://www.thebrain.com/java

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software