Fantastic
First off, I want to say hello. I've been a huge fan of Personal Brain since pre-beta V1, (about 15 years ago?) I've used PB in some large projects to present massive amounts of information in a short window when the person(s) I am presenting to can take the conversation in an unexpected direction. Ppt is fine for a "I talk, you listen" conversation, but not so good when a superior takes you on a tangent or down a rabbit hole. PB always shocks them when they can see that I am prepared.

I am very happy to see that many of the suggestions I put forward years ago have become features in newer versions. I am not so big headed to think that it was my idea, but I am happy that others share the vision of what this could become. 

I'd like to talk a little bit about MultiBrain. A brain file can quickly become huge. When something occurs I may need to change thought paths and follow a different train of thought for a while, but it is still related to the original thought path that I was on. In these cases I now have the option of opening multiple brain files, and if I have the desktop client, I can go between tabs. At work I have to use the web app, but that is another story. I would like to be able to overlay thought data to my current working brain. The thought data can be my own work, or contributed by another user. The data is only downloaded when needed, as needed, so it does not crash the client. I can navigate the plex seamlessly without flipping from one brain to another. If I do not like the added content, or if I don't need it, I turn it off. This means that the added content has access control and is itself a controlled and marketable commodity. Let's consider an Org Chart (easy one for the Brain, right?) I want to give all employees access to the Org Chart. But I want to use that brain file to keep and sort personnel evaluation reports. Well, I don't want to give everybody access to my evaluation files, and I don't want to have to make a copy of the Org Chart brain because I'd have to update multiple files every time someone moved. In fact, I'm not even responsible for updating the Org Chart. My Org chart needs to span other org charts too. I don't want to change files, but I want to navigate to other positions. I also want to turn off entire thought trains that are unrelated to my current thought train. If I want to use the company Org Chart for Fantasy Football, I don't want to clutter the plex with all the work info that is not related. I need to MultiBrain. 
andreas
That would indeed be truly remarkable. Kind of a puzzle of individual smaller brains that I can put together into my own personal brain. The puzzle pieces themselves are live and are kept updated. People and organizations could also rent out curated brains as plug-ins at a yearly fee. We could finally tap into each others brain powers! Of course, we would need a kind of code of conduct, to make brains compatible. Duplicate thoughts could be in a new type of relation (parent, child, jump): duplicate. I do see many possibilities here. Thanks for suggesting the MultiBrain!

+1; at least...
Fantastic
Imagine this in an operations center when managing combat, or disaster relief efforts. Yes, I see corporate knowledge as a separate marketable entity. We spend time searching for answers. Also, think of the logic like they did in the movie “The Matrix”. Remember the line “I know karate now”. That was an overlay of thoughts. You add it when you need it, so you don’t bog down memory or bandwidth when you don’t need it. Think of the thoughts like java. Little pieces working together...
andreas
A first step towards multibrain would be if the instant search would show me thoughts from all my brains, not only the current one, and if I would be allowed to add a link to another brain from the instant search box.

Best,
Andreas
gsalay
One challenge would be the mapping.   In the org chart example, the evaluation reports could only overlay onto the org chart if there was some link to the org chart nodes.   Maybe it could work if it was built "on" the org chart, and the evaluation nodes could be a special "external" type.   They could then (theoretically) be saved in a separate brain, retaining the links to the node ids in the source.   I imagine/envision that the source nodes could appear as shadow nodes in the overlay brain, so it could be used and maintained independently (with the exception of adding new "source" nodes).

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software