wordmuse
I'm bringing up a previous thread to start a new discussion. I figure if there's ever a chance for something to be reconsidered, it's during beta...

Please see here for the previous discussion (http://forums.thebrain.com/post/multiple-windows-instead-of-multiple-instances-5620779)

There are times I need multiple windows. Primarily these are when I use one window for reference or a draft and the other window for actual, deliverable work.

There are other instances, e.g., when I'm waiting for a client to call and have my Brain open to the client section and am working on something else. I don't want the work flow of one to have any impact on the work flow of the other. The only way I can see to do this is to have multiple windows.

I'm sure there are other use cases that can be conceived.

Also - as was mentioned in the earlier discussion, copying a thought's URL, pasting it into a Word document and then clicking the link works, but it does so awkwardly: it seems to run a new instance of TheBrain instead of simply switching over to the already open window (in the case of multiple windows, I guess it would be the most recently accessed window) and going to the designated thought. I'd really appreciate it if this function could be made crisper along the lines I suggested back then and now.

- Bal
wordmuse
Now that TheBrain8 is officially released, does this mean the feature set is pretty much set and now only tweaks will be made?

I made a version of this request back in 2011 as indicated in the original post in this thread.  I find it annoying that when I click a link to a thought from within Word that (a) TheBrain8 acts as if it is opening a new session (taking time as if it is loading a new instance), but when that phase is done it activates the already open window and jumps to the correct thought.

So the link works, meaning the product isn't broken, but it's not as smooth as it ought to be. I can understand it taking the time to open a session if TheBrain8 isn't already open. But if it is, it should just open the window and process the request. No? Am I mistaken?

And if the feature set is not frozen, I would really appreciate having multiple windows that let me open my brain at different points and switch among them as necessary without moving through the plex of a single window.

- Bal

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software