copylove
I want to have somewhat like structured content in edit panes of arbitrary nodes. The best realization of such feature you can find in The Tinderbox application. There I can define fields for any node and use these nodes as an inner database. For example, I need to define nodes with contact information (by defining fields) and import (synchronize) all my contacts to my TheBrain in a structured form. 

Afterward, I can use these fields to create a sophisticated search query to find something I want exactly. This will radically raise the value of the program as a personal knowledge management tool!
eeik
Could you illustrate what you have in mind here?

Have a look, for example, at what I prepared for the "Linking new thought as parent or jump directly, regardless of plex layout" feature I suggested a few months ago.

I like what you're thinking here and, as you suggested over in your other "More integrations with popular cases" post, this would be maybe an Outlook or a Google Contacts sort of integration story to keep a special collection of "thoughts" of type "person" or "character" in sync with each of your contacts with some level of structured field synchronization in mind. Having this new extensible thought type would be a core component, and of course expanding the search capabilities gracefully to include these advanced filtering desires would need to be considered thoughtfully.

I checked out Tinderbox, thanks for the tip on that by the way ... cool app! 🥂 ... MAC only sadly ... 😱

... oh, and PS, I can't by any means promise that if you take the extra time to prepare a feature with visuals, a UX flow, and detail out how existing features could be augmented to support your desires that you'll get any farther with having the TheBrain team actually "build" what you're suggesting as I'm sure their feature backlog is miles and miles and miles long already. However ... *IF* we get that API in place, and the user community has provided a rich collection of feature ideas, and documented them well, it will be all the more easy to grep through the forums, flag the features that make sense to go and build on our own, and maybe come up with some fun community driven development efforts together 👍
copylove
@eeik - you gave a great example of the future request, will use it to refine mine!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software