hasi123

I want to write some nature diary. 

actually I tried that with some dates, some phases of development and some plants as several thoughts. 

but that seems to me not the very best way 

are there any ideas? 

SteveZ

A diary suggests that the primary organizational structure will be dates. I have written a blog posting about how I use TheBrain this way, though not for a nature journal:

http://welcometosherwood.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/personalbrain-as-a-management-tool/

You might find that of some help, at least if you want to set up a brain to have a date-oriented structure.

Steve

Steve
zenrain
You may also want to take a look at this forum post, and this post on TheBrain User KB.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
hasi123

thanks

maybe I have not described enough. 

I do not want a written diary first. 

(which could be written to word)

I would like a timeline better, but there is no in thebrain. 

what I tried now is just to add to some dates some states like 'starting flowering' or 'ending flowering' and then link to plants. 

a problem of this way is, that there seems no continuous view, never the timeline, where plants are shown under one date but not under the second date, 

nor another view that shows something like a timeline. 

I want something, where it can be seen, ok, flower A is flowering from this date to this date, and flower B from this date to that date. 

just some overview. 

maybe it would be better, to link from some date to some thought like "flower A is starting flowering"

(what means that there is no single thought for each flower) 

or some thought types like 'starting' or 'ending' of flowering, (which also leads into several thoughts for each flower) 

- any idea?

zenrain
I think you may want to use the calendar for that. For your plant thoughts you  would have 2 events, "Start Flowering" and "End Flowering".

When you view the calendar you can mouse over the event to see the plant name (name of the thought) and then the event title. You can also switch between the different calendar views (monthly, weekly) to get a good idea of what is flowering now, or in the future.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
hasi123
thank you  

I tryed the calendar, but have not been so very happy with that. 

now after your posting I use the calendar too, but it is a bit difficult with it...

functionality is a little bit ... hm ...  :/

maybe you can explain me some calendar use? 

for example I think about, why there is some extra window, where events can be shown (but not sorted ) and then if I click at one, the day the event ends is highlighted. 

maybe that is usefull for an todo-calendar... 

there are so many colours, and types of highlighting, and unexplained click-navigation, I do not understand that for now... 

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software