b4l4nc3r
In v 5.5.x I've used the spacebar in the Expanded view to use/take advantage of the PB (unintended?) behavior to center on the active thought. But in 6.x that behavior is gone. There is still the "Automatically recenter" checkbox, but that is annoying, because I don't want it always to be triggered. Just when something is out of sight after having clicked it in the quick search, then I want to use an accelerator or the like to recenter. And there should be the option to do it immediately, perhaps it should use the same setting set under Look & Feel > Animation.  Any comments?
jostber
+1.
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

b4l4nc3r

rhodes

Would you mind explaining in a little more detail how the spacebar works in 5.5? I just tried to duplicate what you described and it didn't seem to work for me. 

Anything, anything at all, that makes Expanded view more user-friendly is welcome.

Alan Rhodes
b4l4nc3r

1. Activate Expanded view.
  2. Drag the background so that the Active Thought ends up out of sight outside the scope of the screen.
  3. Press the spacebar, or any other key for that matter, in the Quick Search, but press only once, and then wait just a sec or two. This should move the visible scope to make the Active Thought visible.
Any luck?
rhodes

Yes, that works on 5.5. As you say, the spacebar does it the best. Nice little tip, thanks. I'm not using v6, so can't verify if it works or not there, but if not, what a shame. Like all these undocumented features, one cannot rely on them to work from one version to the next unless they're publicly specified. 

I think this feature is very useful and independent of automatic recentering. If it is missing in v6, please restore it!

Function: Pressing spacebar when active thought is offscreen in Extended View automatically recenters it.

Alan Rhodes
HanBav
Yes, Space bar does not recenter the active thought in 6041.
Yes, I would like to get this function, it is quite important. Work without it is really annoying.
I wanted to ask for it several times but each time forgot about, thanks for rising this issue!

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
b4l4nc3r
Should this feature be considered a bug fix, because the behavior changed because of the upgrade, or should it be considered a new feature for which we should start a UV entry?
rhodes
Call it an issue rather than a suggestion. That will make them take more notice of it.
Alan Rhodes
jostber
rhodes wrote: Call it an issue rather than a suggestion. That will make them take more notice of it.

Oh, I have some issues with links here as well.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

Moe
b4, I have made a note with our engineers to restore the feature to recenter the active Thought while in Expanded View in version 6.

Thanks,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software