rengel
I would like to prepare some exotic text files for text import by File>Import>Text Outline.
I found out that the following works, if I indent the lines with tabs, they will be inserted as nested thoughts:
---
Root
    Header-1
        Subheader-1.1
        Subheader-1.2
    Header-2
        Subheader-2.1
        Subheader-2.2
        Subheader-2.3
        Subheader-2.4
    Header-3
---
So far, so good. But how do I insert text, that will be assigned to a note of a thought?

Reinhard TB 8.0.1.5 win8-64, J-1.7.0_x
rhodes
I vaguely recall that Harlan promised recently that very soon PB will be able to import text associated with an outline directly into the Note for that Thought. I looked this in the forum search engine but found nothing. Perhaps Harlan could reply to this.
Alan Rhodes
zenrain
Here's the formatting from the Release Notes:

Version 6.0.2.1
June 25, 2010

Paste Outline Improvements:
When pasting an outline, if URLs are included, they are added as attachments to the Thought they are listed under

Include Thought labels
Text on the same line as a Thought after the vertical bar character (“|”) is added as a label

Include notes
Text prefixed with a dash character (“-”) is added as a note
Example:

Steve Jobs | Founder of Apple
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
    -" I want to put a ding in the universe."

The above text adds a thought named “Steve Jobs” with the label “Founder of Apple”, a link to Wikipedia, and a note containing a quote.

Edit: Updated to show indentation. Sorry about that.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
rhodes
Thanks zenrain, that's what I was looking for.
Alan Rhodes
rengel
Thank you, zenrain!

You might want to add that the notes have to be indented correctly by using tabs (not spaces). One level MORE than the thought they should become a note of.

BTW: That's an inconsistent handling of the indentation. A note should be attached to the thought immediatley preceding it at the same thought level. But: If there is a parent thought, the note is assigned to this parent thought (one level higher!) regardless of preceding thoughts on the same level.

Reinhard TB 8.0.1.5 win8-64, J-1.7.0_x

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software