mrsandbags
I would like more control over the size of fonts used to render text in the Plex. For example the font size used for thoughts in the Plex also controls those used for though names in other parts of the UI such as shown here.

screenshot.png 

I would be happy to keep a much smaller font for thought names in the pinned and recently used sections so that I could read them properly. I am less concerned about those in the Plex itself.

I'm not clear why but that's how it seems to me.

m/
MOWER/VALDEMARIN
Experts at creating value by sharpening purpose, stimulating thinking, sharing insight, and finding hidden opportunities for you
tel +44 797 707 6709  ·  skype: matt.mower ·  http://mwrvld.com/ · https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattmower

TheBrain v9.0.163.0
macOS 10.12.3
MacBook Pro 13,1 (late 2016) 2.4Gz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 540 GPU

mcaton
Thank you Matt for posting.  I'll document the request.

Matt
Mudhenn
Could you please add the font-size and behavior of the link-description-text to that request? I started to use this feature, but it confuses the view sometimes. Like the attached picture, but if you add one additional generation of thougths, it is way to big and too much (2nd pic).

linktext.PNG 
linktext2.PNG 
mcaton
Thanks Frank,

What are your thoughts on improving the link labels?  Re-sizable in preferences? Only appearing when the link is highlighted?

Thanks,
Matt
Mudhenn
Hello Matt
As a quick first solution I would not show them if they are in the background like in the second picture because they most likely are behind something or overlapping each other.

What I think could be really cool would be something similar to the comma feature: Let's say I name the Link-Type "PRG; Programmer" and in "normal" view the link is labeled "PRG" to keep it neat and when I maybe hover the link or, as you suggested, when it is highlighted, it uses the longer version "Programmer". Could also work for link-names in the background. Or could be toggled like the "show one additional generation of thoughts"-button.

Last but not least (and I have no idea if this is as "easy" as it sounds) you could add a slider to move the text along the link. If you see the first picture: When I would adjust said slider so that the link names move closer to the target thought about 1,5 centimeter, you would be able to read them all. And I think a slider correlating to something like a variable for the distance from the end of the link would be easier to implement than to check automaticly for overlapping.

best regards,
Frank

PS: Sorry for the late answer, was kind of busy and wouldn't answer sloppily.
mcaton
Frank,

Thank you for the extra details. I'll update the documentation.

Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software